Business Development Manager - Sell Your Car
Buying or selling a car shouldn’t be difficult! That’s why here at carwow we are on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. We're not all petrolheads - just a highly driven (excuse the pun) scale-up with over 350 carwowers in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal.
Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million users and a Trustpilot rating of 4.7. We are also very proud to be backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors.
At carwow, we aim to create a culture where our team can thrive no matter where or how they work. With hybrid working (1-2 days in the office although more if you like), and a healthy home office budget of £500, we are also open to looking at alternative working patterns to ensure carwowers can work in a way that works best for them.
We’re also a curious bunch and benefit from a number of different training opportunities. We are big on celebrating successes, working collaboratively and have found lots of ways to stay connected as a team both virtually and in person.
With a team of over 25 different nationalities, we know a diverse and inclusive workforce creates a more innovative company. We have work to do to get us where we’d like to be, but are working hard to get there and have a number of key DE&I initiatives underway.
So, if you always aim to WOW through everything you do (check out more info about our values here), we’d love you to join us on our journey.
About the role
Through amazing demonstrations of our platform, consultative selling, and by taking time to understand and align on our partner’s goals, you’ll sign up targeted Independent motor traders, as well as Franchise dealer groups. You’ll work closely with our Head of Sales and Data & Analytics team to identify these key potential partners and make them aware of the benefits of carwow’s new buying platform.. You will also collaborate with our Account Management teams to ensure our partners enjoy a fantastic experience from onboarding, to helping them get their first sales on the board- and beyond.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities with existing and potential partners
- Approach potential partners and establish long-term business relationships
- Work closely with our Account Management team to develop our existing relationships
- Work closely with our sales exec’s to ensure a ‘wow’ performance for your accounts and make sure they are purchasing vehicles with ease
- Deliver highly polished and engaging pitches at various levels- from GM’s, to Group Buyers, to CEO’s
- To work closely with our Account Management teams to ensure a seamless onboarding journey for our new partners
- To effectively manage data, ensuring CRM is maintained and up to date
- To contribute to product and marketing initiatives
- Experience working in a similar role within the automotive retail industry is a must
- Has a hunter mentality that thoroughly enjoys prospecting and developing new partnerships
- Experienced influencer and negotiator, with business development experience
- The ability to analyse and manipulate data to identify and communicate opportunities and risks and deploy growth strategies
- To be an excellent and flexible communicator with strong presentation skills
- A competitive salary with equity in the company (share options)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative religious holiday of your choice*
- Life insurance (4 x basic salary)
- Private pension scheme (carwow will match contributions up to 5%)
- Private medical health insurance with Vitality
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- The latest core Tech (Macbook Air or PC Surface Pro)
- Home Office budget of £500/€550
- Salary sacrifice benefits (i.e. cycle to work), Travel Loan
- Subsidised gym membership (50% off David Lloyds, Virgin Active and Nuffield Health)
*if you are not religious, this day will remain as Christmas Eve in conjunction with usual Christmas Bank Holidays
We are leading the change to Electric vehicles and are conscious of the impact our industry can have on the environment. We’ve already planted over 45,000 trees to date as a thank you to those who leave us a review and are extremely excited about our new partnership with ‘One Tree Planted’, which we hope will increase the number to around 60,000 trees a year.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options carwow provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure carwow is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at carwow
Gender diversity (male:female)
Male: 64% Female: 34% Other: 2%
London, Munich, Madrid and remotely in Portugal
$55 million in 2021
What employees are saying
"I do really love the 'remote first, hybrid working' mentality at carwow. We also offer a work from anywhere benefit which allows us to manage our annual leave really well. Our hybrid working is super flexible, so I can really manage my personal life well."
Anonymous Marketing Employee at carwow
More roles at carwow
- Head of Global People Operations
- Junior IT Technician
- Praktikum Strategy & Innovation (w/m/d)
- Office & Community Manager:in (m/w/d) Teilzeit mit 20-30 Stunden/Woche
- Key Account Manager (m/w/d)
- Accounts Payable Specialist
- Transactional Finance Manager
- Media Operations Coordinator:in (m/w/d)
- Video-Editor:in / Cutter:in (m/w/d)
- Junior Project Manager (m/w/d)
- Videographer:in (m/w/d)
- D2C Partnerships Manager
- Compliance Manager
- Head of Global People Operations
- Global People Partner (m/w/d)
- Interim Head of Global Talent Management - maternity cover (FTC)
- Interim Head of Global Talent Management (m/w/d) - maternity cover
- Customer Experience Representative (German market)
- Online Marketing Manager:in - Affiliate Partnerships (w/m/d)
- Creative Strategy Manager
- Senior Data Scientist
- Media Operations Coordinator (m/w/d)
- Performance Marketing Manager - Germany
- Media Operations Coordinator
- Strategy & Insight Associate
- Senior Strategy Associate
- FP&A Analyst - Operations
- Recruiting Specialist (m/w/d)
- Praktikum Business & Operations Analyst (w/m/d)
- Account Manager (m/w/d)
- Junior Account Manager (m/w/d)
- Agency Partnerships Manager (m/w/d)
- Automotive Brand Partnerships Manager (m/w/d)
- Revenue Operations Manager
- Talent Acquisition & Employer Branding Specialist (m/w/d)
- OEM Brand Partnerships Manager (m/w/d)
- Media Sales Manager (m/w/d)
- Business Development Manager (m/w/d)
- Team Lead Country Marketing Germany (w/m/d)
- (Junior) Commercial Performance & Analytics Manager (w/m/d)
- Head of Country Marketing Germany (w/m/d)
- Praktikum Business Development (w/m/d) - ab September 2023