We’re on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million active users and an ‘excellent’ Trustpilot rating of 4.7.
carwow is backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors, with $55 million Series D funding secured in December 2021. Over 400 carwowers from 25 nationalities work with us in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal. One of our goals for 2022 is to become a Top 10 European Start-Up to work for.
About the team
As Europe’s largest new car marketplace and a clear leader in Automotive content, carwow not only provides a great proposition to UK consumers, but an unrivalled one to automotive brands and their agencies. Allowing brands to tap into carwow’s audience, insights and expertise from the millions of configurations and customer journeys each year, as well as the single largest pool of in market consumers every month.
Our OEM & Media team’s mission is to become the leading commerce media player and strategic partner within automotive. The OEM & Media team are responsible for building out carwow’s retail and media proposition to both brands and agencies. Interacting with both on a daily basis, the team drive forward a breadth of impactful partnerships across brand building, awareness, sales as well as D2C partnerships, working with our partners to allow them to tap into carwow’s unrivalled audience and expertise.
About the role
This role is directly responsible for owning, building and developing our relationship with automotive brands in the UK. With a dedicated portfolio of brands, this role enables autonomy, responsibility and ownership. Tasked with continuing to build and grow both the breadth and depth of our relationships, the Brand Partnerships Managers are empowered to strategise, develop and execute individual strategies for each brand in their portfolio - tailoring both our proposition and approach to ensure we drive value for our partners and innovation between automotive brands and carwow.
Relationship building, creative thinking and balancing short term milestones as well as a long term vision for each brand are critical in success. The role works closely with both a Head of OEM & Media and a wider team of Brand Partnerships managers, providing support and development.
Alongside the dedicated portfolio the role also plays a key part in paving the future of both the OEM & Media business and carwow by providing critical feedback from our partners to ensure we continuously develop our products and propositions.
- This is a partnership focused role - Direct ownership of our partner relationships, new partner pitches and building rapport. The end goal is to expand the depth and breadth of carwow’s partnerships with automotive brands in the UK
- Creation and delivery of coherent and professional partnership pitch decks
- Using data and insight to make your pitches come alive with client-relevant data and information
- Proactively managing our client partnerships and ongoing projects - from working with manufacturers to create and deliver marketing campaigns, brand experiences or retailer engagement.
- Working closely with our Commercial Team to ensure the effectiveness and success of our partner brand campaigns
- Ensuring successful delivery of projects by working collaboratively with other teams at carwow and spotting potential problems before they arise
- A natural ability to tell engaging and impactful stories
- Evidence and experience of sales & partnerships experience within Tech or Automotive industries (highly preferable)
- An eye for detail and a creative approach to solving challenges faced by car manufacturers and their partners
- Experience meeting and building rapport with C-Suite / Senior individuals both internally and externally
- Ability to manage projects and initiatives from start to finish, including the conceptualisation, implementation and reporting of concurrent projects
- Strong data analysis skills with the ability to build a cohesive story for our clients using carwow’s vast reserves of data
- Incredible organisation skills - you’ll be juggling lots of clients who are all in different stages and all require different approaches
- An understanding of the world of marketing and media would be a bonus, although not essential
🗺️ 🕔 Remote and hybrid working options: (1-2 days in the office)
💶 Competitive salary
🏢 Equity in the company (share options)
🏖️ 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative (religious) holiday of your choice
💻 Tech: The latest core technology (Macbook Pro and peripherals)
🪑 Remote working: You'll receive a ‘home office allowance’ of up to £500/€550 to help get set up with everything you need to succeed at home
🌍 Remote working: New: ‘work from anywhere for a month each year' policy in place should you wish to use it
👶 Inclusive parental, partner and shared parental leave, fertility treatment and pregnancy loss policies
📚 Learning and development budget
💬 Social: Company wide collaboration such as bi-weekly product demos, tech lunch’s, coffee with the exec sessions, book clubs, social events
🧑🤝🧑 Refer a friend and get paid!
🥪 Lunch & learns with internal and external speakers
Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our culture. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply for this position. We make recruiting decisions based on experience, skills and potential, so all our applicants are treated fairly and equally.
We are leading the change to Electric vehicles and are conscious of the impact our industry can have on the environment. We’ve already planted over 45,000 trees to date as a thank you to those who leave us a review and are extremely excited about our new partnership with ‘One Tree Planted’, which we hope will increase the number to around 60,000 trees a year.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options carwow provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure carwow is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at carwow
Gender diversity (male:female)
Male: 64% Female: 34% Other: 2%
London, Munich, Madrid and remotely in Portugal
$55 million in 2021
What employees are saying
"I do really love the 'remote first, hybrid working' mentality at carwow. We also offer a work from anywhere benefit which allows us to manage our annual leave really well. Our hybrid working is super flexible, so I can really manage my personal life well."
Anonymous Marketing Employee at carwow