At Capdesk, we’re rewriting how companies use equity to empower their people.
We help businesses unite founders, investors and employees through better equity management and greater access to liquidity – no more waiting for the company to IPO.
In the last few years, we’ve become a leader in our field, providing the easiest way for 1000s of private companies to digitise their equity information and manage employee share schemes. There are no longer any excuses for denying employees a share of the wealth they helped to create.
2021 was eventful – we raised £8m and launched in multiple new European markets – but we’ve set our sights even higher for 2022 and we’re counting on every new joiner to help us get there. We’re staying as lean as possible, so every hire matters.
Capdesk is a remote-friendly startup with a team-first mentality. We have amazing people all over the world but many employees are based in Copenhagen or London where we still have brick-and-mortar offices. Currently we are able to accept applications from the following countries: UK, Denmark, Germany, Portugal, Spain, Cyprus, and Egypt however this is reviewed on a regular basis and we will update accordingly.
About the role
Product designers at Capdesk play a fundamental role in defining what products we build and how we build them. As a Senior Product Designer, you’ll lead the product design of one of our squads, ensuring that we build valuable products for people with the highest level of quality from ideation to craft execution.
Together with your cross-functional partners from Engineering and Product Management, you’ll set the strategy of your team and own every initiative you deliver in a healthy ratio of 1:4 designer to engineer.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Lead the product design function of your cross-functional squad and contribute to shaping your team’s vision and product strategy.
- Design experiences that solve complex problems in a simple, elegant and scalable fashion.
- Take a leading role in defining, collecting and analysing the necessary data to inform your decisions and ensure that you can measure the success of your work.
- Translate intricate financial data and flows into clear and concise user-facing experiences.
- Contribute to our design system with new designs that improve its brand alignment, visual quality and efficiency.
- Build strong relationships with your cross-functional partners and leaders inside and outside the product department.
- Drive and support design operations initiatives that further improve our design practice and collaboration across functions and teams.
About you, these are the skills and experience we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience shipping great product design in cross-functional teams.
- Excellent visual and interaction design craft.
- Experience contributing to the definition and execution of user research initiatives and effectively analysing the results to inform product and design decisions.
- Constant appetite for growth. You’re humble and self-aware, and use it to improve your design practice and your understanding of the industry.
- Seek to understand people’s context, needs, motivations and behaviours and how they align with our business objectives in order to create relevant solutions.
- Ability to leverage collaboration. You understand your cross-functional partners and know how to reach stronger outcomes through collaboration.
- Experience designing for complex B2B systems
- Creative problem-solving. You master design patterns and industry standards but know when to break the status quo and solve unique problems with divergent creative thinking.
- Love thinking big and, at the same time, can accurately scope your work into progressive value increments.
- Strong storytelling, presentation, and communication skills to influence decision-makers.
- Experience defining product strategy in collaboration with other functions.
- Experience using and contributing to a robust design system.
- Experience operationalising product design and cross-functional processes.
- Strong content design skills and experience delivering impact through content.
- Strong high-fidelity prototyping skills.
What we can offer you
- A salary of 60-68,000 GBP depending on the level of experience.*
- Transparent equity ownership. We practise what we preach – everyone shares in the profits and wealth at Capdesk.
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing by 1 day every year up to 5 days), plus national holidays.
- Mental health and wellbeing support as well as access to therapists with Spill.
- Very flexible working – we trust you to get the work done, wherever you are.
- Enhanced parental leave – 26 weeks maternity, 17 weeks paternity (including adoption).
- You get your very own Pleo company credit card, so no more expenses hassle.
- Annual company meet-up in London and quarterly virtual kick-off events.
- Onboarding budget to spend on equipment you need so you can work to the best of your abilities.
The current budget for this role is 68-78,000 GBP. This includes any taxes and mandatory employer pension or social security contributions. This budget translates to a salary of 60-68,000 GBP if you’re working in the UK. You can work in other countries and we’ll keep the same budget and adjust the salary as needed for local taxes and other employer contributions.
Want to know what other people think of Capdesk?
- Hear from our current and past hires on Glassdoor
- Hear from some of our customers on Capterra
- We're one of AngelList’s startups to work for in 2022
- We're on Otta's 2021 Rocket List: London's fastest-growing companies to accelerate your career
- We’ve been certified as truly flexible employer by Flexa
Capdesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Capdesk provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Capdesk is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Capdesk
Gender diversity (male:female)
What employees are saying
"Capdesk has adopted a "team-first" approach that means people are free to work from offices, remotely or any combination of the two. Capdesk has also made it possible for people to move country, with employment available in around 10 countries worldwide. As well as recruiting from these places, several staff have chosen to move country this year, which seems to be a really unique level of free movement for a startup."
Anonymous Capdesk Employee