Fully flexible hours
boxxe powers businesses to operate more efficiently through digital transformation. The boxxe SOC assures our customers that when they partner with us, they are better protected through a world-class service that is trusted. To further our capability we need your experience in using the latest technologies and new ideas to achieve this.
To lead and manage the Security Operations Centre team, who are on the front line of providing our Cyber Security Services, continuously monitoring, triaging, analysing and remediating threats.
- You will be leading a multi-level team, driving performance and the customer experience to deliver the highest quality service using your security expertise.
- You will be detail driven with a service focused mindset who is inquisitive to seek improvement and efficiency gains to develop our services.
How you’ll fit in to the big picture
Our SOC has grown significantly over the last 12months, with investment in people and technology, to improve the way we operate to be lean and technology assisted. Boxxe sees security services as one of our core pillars to provide high quality managed Services and to drive our business growth.
This role is critical to the operational delivery of the SOC and is fundamental to the high quality service delivery. The SOC contains multi-level personnel that operate 24x7x365 and it is crucial that no matter the time of day the customers experience is exemplary.
The role sits within our wider service delivery function and will interface with the other operational managers to both deliver services but drive continual improvement across the division.
What you’ll be doing
- Responsibility for the operational effectiveness of the Security Operations Centre
- Creation, implementation and tracking of team processes and runbooks
- Coaching, training and mentoring of existing and new team members
- Escalation point for Security Incidents
- Working directly with our contracted customers as a point of reference and escalation.
- Overseeing customer security reporting and Service Reviews
- Overseeing the Optimisation and Configuration of our IBM QRadar and Microsoft Sentinel SIEM and SOAR platforms driving the operation efficiencies from using these technologies
- Line management of the SOC Team Leader and L2 Analysts
- Monitoring Ticket data and logs to ensure target utilisation is being achieved, working with FP&A team on business reporting for the team.
- Working with our Pre-Sales and bids teams to win new customer contracts.
- Feeding into the SOC and Security Services roadmap
What experience we think you’ll need
- Extensive knowledge of Cyber Security technologies including but not limited to SIEM, IDS/IPS, Endpoint Protection, Red Teaming, Vulnerability Scanning, Penetration Testing, Next-Gen Firewall, Cloud Security.
- Strong cyber security experience with industry and vendor accreditations
- Experience in a senior SOC service delivery role.
- Strong knowledge of SOC alert triaging best practice and efficient SOC operations
- Strong People management experience, including teams operating in shifts.
- Strong knowledge of IBM Qradar, IBM Cloud Pack for Security and Microsoft Sentinel.
- Ability to understand complex technical concepts
- Ability to learn and absorb new skills and technologies
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to create high quality technical documentation
At boxxe we believe that business should be about more than just profits. Sustainability is a core value. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact, encouraging inclusive working environments, and trading ethically. Everyone at boxxe is responsible for considering the impact of their actions on the environment and for reducing our carbon footprint through embracing Work from Anywhere (in the UK) principles, minimising travel by using virtual technology and adopting sustainable practices.boxxe embraces diversity. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. boxxe does not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All our employment is based on qualification, excellence, and business need.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options boxxe provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure boxxe is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at boxxe
Gender diversity (male:female)
What employees are saying
"I actually find the company fantastic to work for. They are fully supportive of everything and provide quality updates on any changes to the workplace on a regular basis."
Anonymous boxxe Employee