boxxe is driven by remarkable people and teams, enabling people, systems, and technology to function efficiently and effectively using every type of new technology and service on the market to increase margins, improve customer service, reduce operating costs in a safe and inclusive working environment. The result is an effective, engaged workforce and better operational performance throughout thousands of organisations across the UK.
Please note due to the nature of this role, it is fully office based at our East Moor House Office, Sutton on the Forest, York.
The Systems Engineer will be a key part of the Secure Services Team within boxxe and provide Support, Management and Administration to a broad range of Technologies\Services for all our Managed Service customers. Services include Public and Private Cloud, Networking and Systems Infrastructure (Compute, Storage etc.)
How you’ll fit in to the big picture
- Our senior systems engineers provide the top tier of proactive and reactive support for our managed service customers. Requiring excellent broad technical knowledge, and the highest level of customer service in addition to the specific specialisms that each member of the team holds.
- Proactively manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure for all managed customers.
- Install, configure, test, and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools whilst proactively working to ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Assisting less experienced engineers, helping them resolve more complex issues by knowledge transfer
- Assisting with the implementation of new projects
What you’ll be doing
- Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations across a wide range of customer environments.
- Monitoring, maintaining and patching of an Azure Stack System
- Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Proactively monitoring system performances to ensure all environments are operating efficiently and implementing changes where necessary to ensure optimum performance.
- Manage and monitor installed systems and infrastructure for our customers.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Maintain security, backup, resilience, and disaster recovery strategies.
- Write and maintain user guides, and knowledge-based articles to improve system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Liaise with Vendors and other boxxe technical personnel for problem resolution.
- Participate in the Out of Hours on call rota.
What experience we think you’ll need
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Windows and Linux based environments.
- Good cloud knowledge, preferably in Azure/Azure Stack
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Hyper-V)
- Experience with monitoring systems (e.g., Logic Monitor, SolarWinds, PRTG etc.)
- Good networking knowledge and experience of OSI (Open Systems Interconnection) network layers, TCP/IP
- Experience of typical enterprise level hardware vendor solutions (e.g., Compute, Storage, LAN, WLAN, EUC)
- Experience of producing quality support documentation
- Desirable vendors certifications include: CCNA, MCSA, VCP or similar
At boxxe we believe that business should be about more than just profits. Sustainability is a core value. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact, encouraging inclusive working environments, and trading ethically. Everyone at boxxe is responsible for considering the impact of their actions on the environment and for reducing our carbon footprint through embracing Work from Anywhere (in the UK) principles, minimising travel by using virtual technology and adopting sustainable practices.boxxe embraces diversity. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. boxxe does not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All our employment is based on qualification, excellence, and business need.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options boxxe provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure boxxe is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at boxxe
Gender diversity (male:female)