Fully flexible hours
boxxe is driven by remarkable people and teams, enabling people, systems, and technology to function efficiently and effectively using every type of new technology and service on the market to increase margins, improve customer service, reduce operating costs in a safe and inclusive working environment. The result is an effective, engaged workforce and better operational performance throughout thousands of organisations across the UK.
This role will require you to come into the office once a month
The Senior Systems Engineer will be a key part of the 3rd line Service Operations team within boxxe and provide Support, Management and Administration to a broad range of Technologies\Services for all of our Managed Service customers. Services include: Public and Private Cloud, Networking, Systems Infrastructure (Compute, Storage etc.), M365 and MDM.
How you’ll fit in to the big picture
Our 3rd Line Service Operations team provides the top tier of proactive and reactive support for our managed service customers. Requiring excellent broad technical knowledge, and the highest level of customer service in addition to the specific specialisms that each member of the team holds.
- Provide top tier operational technical support.
- Proactively manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure for all managed customers.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools whilst proactively working to ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
What you’ll be doing
- Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations across a wide range of customer environments.
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning, and implementing network security measures.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Proactively monitor, manage and resolve the performance and availability of networks, applications and infrastructure.
- Coordinating computer network access and use.
- Configuring and testing networking, computer hardware, application and operating system software, and system management tools.
- Manage security, backup, resilience and disaster recovery strategies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Ownership of technical knowledge transition from project to BAU service.
- Liaise with Vendors and other boxxe technical personnel for incident resolution.
- Work with Security Operations Team where remedial action is required.
- Liaison with boxxe Head of Internal Systems to meet internal audit compliance.
- Participate in the Out of Hours on call rota.
- Ability to travel within the UK and work flexibly.
What experience we think you’ll need
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows, UNIX, Linux, MacOS, iOS, and Android based environments
- Experience of working in a multiple enterprise level customer support team
- Experience in the administration and performance tuning of Networks, Operating Systems, Storage devices and applications including SQL Databases
- Solid Cloud experience, preferably in Azure
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office 365 and InTune
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Hyper-V)
- Experience with monitoring systems (e.g. LogicMonitor, Solarwinds, PRTG etc.)
- Experience with automation software would be desirable
- Solid networking knowledge and experience with Cisco, Sophos and Palo-Alto (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Experience of typical enterprise level hardware vendor solutions (e.g. Compute, Storage, LAN, WLAN, EUC)
- Experience of producing quality support documentation
- Experience diagnosing root cause of issues and producing appropriate reports
- Desirable vendors certifications include: CCNP, MCSE, VCP
At boxxe we believe that business should be about more than just profits. Sustainability is a core value. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact, encouraging inclusive working environments, and trading ethically. Everyone at boxxe is responsible for considering the impact of their actions on the environment and for reducing our carbon footprint through embracing Work from Anywhere (in the UK) principles, minimising travel by using virtual technology and adopting sustainable practices.boxxe embraces diversity. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. boxxe does not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All our employment is based on qualification, excellence, and business need.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options boxxe provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure boxxe is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at boxxe
Gender diversity (male:female)
What employees are saying
"I actually find the company fantastic to work for. They are fully supportive of everything and provide quality updates on any changes to the workplace on a regular basis."
Anonymous boxxe Employee