For us, tech has never been about just hardware or software. It’s about people. It’s our meaningful relationships, deep expertise and practical know-how in technology that drive what we do. We put our customers, our partners and the environment at the heart of everything we do and our people are the difference that make the difference.
At boxxe, we understand, we collaborate, we simplify, we care and we deliver; together we are making tech human.
Your Mission 💪
In this role, you'll be the driving force behind boxxe's sustainability initiatives, connecting with our diverse team, partners, customers, and the community. Your focus will be on managing environmental data, ensuring compliance, and reporting, while contributing to our corporate sustainability goals. You'll also play a vital role in educating and representing our approach to environmental impact and social responsibility to internal and external stakeholders.
With background in health and safety, you'll be integral to embedding a strong health and safety culture across our workforce of around 200 team members, whether they're working remotely or in our offices and warehouse in York. As a strategic and operational leader, you'll oversee health and safety competence development and keeping our team updated on the best practices and training.
What you’ll be doing 🎯
As the Senior ESG Manager, you're the driving force behind boxxe's ESG framework and strategy, ensuring all teams align with our goals. You will collaborate with various business functions to set ESG objectives, create performance metrics, and enhance policies and processes. Your role encompasses promoting proactive high level ESG and health and safety focused practices, risk management, and sustainability across the organization.
- Ensuring ESG compliance with regulations and implementing sustainability best practices.
- Developing ESG disclosures, KPIs, monitoring ESG performance and evaluating ESG rating providers and certificates.
- Carry out gap analysis for ESG regulations and risk framework development.
- Collaborate with finance and marketing regarding ESG communications and provide ESG training and awareness.
- Coordinate with bids and tenders with PQQs regarding ESG information
- Support and develop the boxxe Community and Social Value Partner with volunteering opportunities and social value initiatives
- Handle ESG data management and reporting improvements.
- Lead ESG strategy reviews and carbon reduction initiatives.
- Collaborating on supplier CSR/ESG policies and maintain ISO14001 and other accreditations.
- Managing health and safety, ensuring legal compliance and staying updated on UK HSE legislation while leading greener and more efficient business initiatives
What experience we think you’ll need 🚀
- Proven experience in developing and implementing successful ESG strategies and fostering an ESG culture.
- Familiarity with sustainability reporting ESG related frameworks such as GRI, SASB, SDGs, and TCFD.
- Significant senior-level Health and Safety management experience with expertise in key H&S legislation.
- Qualifications in NEBOSH, IOSH Membership, or equivalents, along with knowledge of ISO:45001, ISO:14001, and ISO:9001 standards are highly desirable
- Proficient in project management, target achievement, KPI management, and problem-solving.
- Strong analytical skills for data interpretation and budget management.
- Experience in measuring and reporting Scope 1 & 2 carbon emissions and willingness to address Scope 3 emissions.
- Successful monitoring of ISO14001 and/or ISO9001 Management Systems
At boxxe we believe that business should be about more than just profits. Sustainability is a core value. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact, encouraging inclusive working environments, and trading ethically. Everyone at boxxe is responsible for considering the impact of their actions on the environment and for reducing our carbon footprint through embracing Work from Anywhere (in the UK) principles, minimising travel by using virtual technology and adopting sustainable practices.boxxe embraces diversity. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. boxxe does not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All our employment is based on qualification, excellence, and business need.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options boxxe provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure boxxe is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at boxxe
Gender diversity (male:female)