boxxe is driven by remarkable people and teams providing extraordinary digital transformation products and services. Enabling people, systems and technology to function efficiently and effectively using every type of new technology and service on the market to increase margins, improve customer service and reduce operating costs. The result is an effective, engaged workforce and better operational performance throughout thousands of organisations across the UK.
We create flexible IT infrastructures, collaborative global workspaces, and data clarity, all underpinned by world-leading security and data management.
Above all, we are driven by our values. We care for our clients, our people and the environment that sustains us all. We put sustainability at the core of what we do and by making technology human, we lead our industry, and we’ll help others lead theirs: that’s the power of boxxe.
As part of the newly formed Legal Team, you will work on a range of projects as part of the Legal Team’s strategic plans. We are going through a significant and exciting period of change and growth, and this role will support the advancement of the function.
How you’ll fit in to the big picture
We are looking for either a full time or part time permanent commercial Legal Counsel to join the Legal Team, who will provide in-house legal support and advice in relation to contract review and development of templates and processes. The Legal Team are a high-performing, ambitious team who have trained at top London law firms and can offer excellent training and experience to the right candidate.
What you’ll be doing
- Reviewing, updating and improving contract templates and our database of precedents.
- Support the Sales, Account Management and Bids & Tenders teams in reviewing customer questionnaires, tender documents and client contracts.
- Working closely with others in the cross functional teams, particularly Sales, Service Delivery, Client Services, Marketing and Finance to support them on legal matters and provide contracting expertise, ensure consistency and compliance with Company policies and processes.
- Work closely within the Legal Team to constantly develop and improve legal process, structure and policies and ensuring regulatory requirements are adhered to.
- Assist in training employees on legal issues and Company policies, including anti-corruption, code of business conduct and ethics, data protection / privacy and assist with implementation.
- Support the Procurement and Supplier Management functions with large-scale supplier contracts and queries.
- Maintaining the Company’s suite of legal documents, both commercial and compliance, ensuring they reflect current best practices and appropriate legal requirements.
- Handling additional tasks, ad hoc legal queries and special projects as needed.
What experience we think you’ll need
- A UK Qualified lawyer, with experience either within a law firm or in-house. Ideally, you will have a mix of private practice and in-house experience.
- Experience reviewing, negotiating, creating and managing contracts with customers, partners, resellers, etc, to protect the interest and risk of the Company and to ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Public sector contract and framework experience would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to simplify and effectively communicate legal information.
- A team player who thrives in a fast-paced and supportive environment.
At boxxe we believe that business should be about more than just profits. Sustainability is a core value. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact, encouraging inclusive working environments, and trading ethically. Everyone at boxxe is responsible for considering the impact of their actions on the environment and for reducing our carbon footprint through embracing Work from Anywhere (in the UK) principles, minimising travel by using virtual technology and adopting sustainable practices.boxxe embraces diversity. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. boxxe does not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All our employment is based on qualification, excellence, and business need.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options boxxe provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure boxxe is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at boxxe
Gender diversity (male:female)