Fully flexible hours
boxxe powers businesses to operate more efficiently through digital transformation. The boxxe SOC provides assurance to our customers that when they partner with us, they are better protected through a world-class service that is trusted. To offer a maturing capability we need your enthusiasm and experience using a rich MDR product set and modern ways of working to achieve this.
Working within our scheduled rota and secure facilities you will assist in qualifying escalated alerts and mitigate real-time risks to boxxe and its customers. Our facilities, tooling and ways of working are modern, exciting, and immersive.
You will work within a team of Analysts to provide thorough SOC activities, including vulnerability management, threat hunting, playbook designing, and detection rule staging. You will be inquisitive, analytical and curious about cyber security, including how we can secure against new and emerging threats.
How you’ll fit in to the big picture
Our team has transformed significantly, invested in technology and improved the ways that we operate to be lean and technology assisted. We have expertise in Engineering and Threat Awareness & Intelligence, alongside other Analysts that you will work with.
Services is a core focus for our continued growth, and as such we hire and invest in talent, to give our people a rich experience. We are serious about what we do but equally understand we should enjoy what we do. You will join a dynamic team with different skills and talents. You will be key in providing more dedicated attention to our customers and allowing our other team members to grow out other team capabilities.
You will take part in an On-Call rota, requiring you to be on standby to cover any escalations and critical incidences and initially this will be a 1 in 4-week rota. Occasional holiday and absence cover may also be required.
What you’ll be doing
- Remediating confirmed Incidents in a timely manner
- Conduct continuous Threat Hunts across the client base
- Perform Detection Rule Development
- Assure Assessed Vulnerabilities are Scheduled for Remediation
- Perform Playbook Creation
- Ensure an up-to-date library of Standard Logging Patterns and Customer Documents
- Act as an escalation point for Customer enquiries
- Assure an up-to-date date Client Inventory is available
- From time to time perform Line 1 duties
- Any other duties commensurate with the role
What experience we think you’ll need
- L1 SOC experience
- Methodical and well organised individual
- Knowledge of SOAR and Response Playbook Writing
- Threat Hunting methods
- Vulnerability Management experience
- Cyber Security Incident Management experience
- CySA+; CREST CPIA; IBM, Qualys and Microsoft Certifications are desirable
- Experience of coaching and developing junior team members is desirable
At boxxe we believe that business should be about more than just profits. Sustainability is a core value. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact, encouraging inclusive working environments, and trading ethically. Everyone at boxxe is responsible for considering the impact of their actions on the environment and for reducing our carbon footprint through embracing Work from Anywhere (in the UK) principles, minimising travel by using virtual technology and adopting sustainable practices.boxxe embraces diversity. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. boxxe does not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All our employment is based on qualification, excellence, and business need.