At boxxe, we are a UK–based client and technology–focused service provider within the public sector and corporate space. Having recently been acquired by a private technology entrepreneur, our future is building innovative products and services to take to market based on next-generation technologies.
During our exciting period of growth, we are looking to onboard a Hybrid-Cloud Pres-Sales Architect to join the Pre-Sales Architecture team and support our growing business.
Our Technical Pre-Sales Architects must have a passion for Hybrid-Cloud Technologies including Infrastructure, Storage/Compute, Networking and Azure. However, as well as a passion for the technology they must have a desire to do right by the customer and deliver the best outcomes.
How you’ll fit in to the big picture
The Hybrid-Cloud Pres-Sales Architect will deliver technical consultancy and provide pre-sales activities. Helping customers with the right solution that provides the best outcome. You will have proven track record in designing solutions, both High-Level design documents and Low-level designs. Excellent at presenting and discussing technical solutions as well as explaining technical solutions in a written format.
You will be conducting customer meetings, gather information around the customer requirements and then pitch back the most appropriate solution in a manner that can be understood by technical and non-technical staff. Responsibilities will also include supporting sales technically, providing technical advice, creating proposals, pricing solutions, tender responses, Statement of Works, and complex designs. The primary technical focus will be on Hybrid-Cloud technologies such as On-prem infrastructure solutions and Azure Cloud technologies.
What you’ll be doing
- Delivering high quality technical pre-sales on hybrid-cloud technologies such as Azure IaaS, transformation to cloud, on-premises Infrastructure, compute, storage, virtualisation, networking, DR, backup, cloud technologies and security.
- Complete high-level designs and documentation
- Work collaboratively with our Professional Services delivery team as well as third party partners
- Attending meetings with customers to determine business and technical requirements, ensuring that all relevant information is gathered before producing a solution proposal
- Building technical relationships with new and existing customers
- Create and deliver technical presentations of Hybrid Cloud solutions and services to customers with confidence, understanding the customers’ requirements and the technologies involved to produce the best outcome
- Create solution proposals to a high standard and in a timely manner to customers
- Deliver Proof of Concepts for customers that prove the benefits of the technology to the customer
- Complete detailed Statement of Works for project delivery consultants and ensure that they are cover all aspects of the project
- Work with delivery consultants to ensure that services are scoped correctly
- Assist creating new Hybrid Cloud service offerings and refining existing ones
- Work with the tender team to complete tender responses
- Conduct and deliver customer workshops (Strategic, Digital transformation, Cloud Assessments, Infrastructure audits, health checks and training handovers)
- Complete accurate documentation to either internal consultancy/support staff or the client’s technical staff
What experience we think you’ll need
- Experience delivering technical hybrid cloud solutions or experience delivering hybrid cloud pre-sales consultancy
- Proven experience of enterprise compute technologies from various vendors along with knowledge of Storage Area Network’s
- A great understanding of core technology solutions such as cloud, networking, virtualisation, servers, storage, hyper-converged, databases and applications
- Up to date qualifications in either VMware VCP, Cisco CCNA or Microsoft Azure Solutions Expert and a willingness to complete further certifications
- Experience of migrations to cloud and hybrid environments
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills, including listening, written as well as presentation skills
- At ease explaining and answering queries on technical solutions, services, and products
- Proposal writing experience
- Project delivery experience including delivery of a project end-to-end
- Be UK based and be willing to occasionally travel throughout the UK (post-Covid-19)
- Experience with Dell Technologies such as VxRail is desirable
At boxxe we believe that business should be about more than just profits. Sustainability is a core value. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact, encouraging inclusive working environments, and trading ethically. Everyone at boxxe is responsible for considering the impact of their actions on the environment and for reducing our carbon footprint through embracing Work from Anywhere (in the UK) principles, minimising travel by using virtual technology and adopting sustainable practices.boxxe embraces diversity. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. boxxe does not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All our employment is based on qualification, excellence, and business need.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options boxxe provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure boxxe is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at boxxe
Gender diversity (male:female)