boxxe is driven by remarkable people and teams, enabling people, systems, and technology to function efficiently and effectively using every type of new technology and service on the market to increase margins, improve customer service, reduce operating costs in a safe and inclusive working environment. The result is an effective, engaged workforce and better operational performance throughout thousands of organisations across the UK.
Above all, we are driven by our values. We care for our clients, our people and the environment that sustains us all. We put sustainability at the core of what we do and by making technology human, we lead our industry, and we’ll help others lead theirs: that’s the power of boxxe. Working as part of the Bids & Tenders Team, we are looking for a passionate and ambitious Bid Writer to support the growth of the business to the next level.
The Bids and Tenders Team play a key role in the successful delivery of the businesses growth strategy, providing support in the competitive process of bidding on individual customer requirements and for national Public Sector Framework Agreements and corporate opportunities.
With a wide commercial and technical understanding of boxxe, the Team manage the tendering function, providing support for account managers to create persuasive and informative responses to Invitations to tender (ITT’s) and full Bid Management and Proposal Writing services to the business for both the public and private sector.
You will be responsible for the creation of response materials for Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQs), ITTs, Requests for Proposal (RFPs) and other commercial response proposals for current and prospective customers, drawing from a range of knowledge sources; industry experts, previous bid submissions, external suppliers, technology providers, training courses and personal experiences.
You are the voice of the collective expertise from within boxxe. Our Bid Writers, alongside the Bid Coordinators and Bid Administration team, are fundamental to the succinct and consistent presentation of our capability to deliver against the customers’ requirements and are essential in creating winning responses.
How you’ll fit in to the big picture
Bids and Tenders are integral to the growth of boxxe’s public sector, and corporate, framework business for both renewals and new business. To achieve success on framework bids, there needs to be clear, concise messaging, and management of each tender.
You will work collaboratively with the revenue-generating teams (Sales, Marketing, Technology Solutions and Partner Teams) to build on both our successes and failures to create winning themes and strategies alongside business partners and colleagues, whilst championing and embedding the bids and tenders process across the business.
You will support the delivery of responses for boxxe’s external Public and Private Sector engagement with framework providers. You will have a good understanding of Public Sector framework agreements, understanding the complexity of the Public Sector procurement processes and critically to this role you will posses the skills to win high value projects via the ITT and bids process.
What you’ll be doing
- To write, edit, proof, and/or correct content in preparation for bid submissions either directly or in support of other team members or peers from across the business or partner organisations and deploying ‘one voice’ for all responses
- Apply best practice from APMP principles and the wider Bid sector to the response creation process
- Liaise with the Marketing team to reflect brand values, style, tone, and company ethos/culture
- Engage with business unit division contributors and subject matter experts (SMEs) to obtain the right information to inform the response creation process - assisting bid teams to develop win themes, response structures and storyboards that best convey how boxxe will deliver results
- Edit and rewrite sales/technical materials for grammar, punctuation, readability, conciseness, consistency of tone, and alignment with deal win themes. Following each submission; upload completed responses to the Bid Team knowledge library and continue to seek ways to build upon best practice in responses within the knowledge library whilst maintaining a sound insight into the technology sector.
- Assist the team in contributing to the bid knowledge library; identifying additional information which can be incorporated as the organisation evolves/new services or approaches are adopted and writing new case studies and template responses from bid evaluation feedback
- Attend customer de-briefing and feedback sessions. Following evaluated tenders, assess and apply feedback from evaluators to improve responses stored within the knowledge library; communicate outputs across the business as appropriate
- Maintain positive relationships with the Bids & Tenders Team and divisional Leads across boxxe, to ensure the Bid Team accesses new initiatives, achievements, accreditation, awards, and case studies to bolster bid responses
What experience we think you’ll need
- Strong organisational skills that demonstrate a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Drive and enthusiasm and an eagerness to learn
- Team player, capable of stepping up to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills for team working, reporting to peers, and communicating with both Partners and Customers
- Excellent writing skills, with a good and broad command of English (proven)
- Competent knowledge of MS Office platform, including use of Word & Excel
- Good understanding of industry best practice and bid processes
- Proposal or Bid writing experience essential (proven).
- APMP Foundation qualification attainment is desirable (or willingness to obtain)
- Technical or IT Industry knowledge desirable
At boxxe we believe that business should be about more than just profits. Sustainability is a core value. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact, encouraging inclusive working environments, and trading ethically. Everyone at boxxe is responsible for considering the impact of their actions on the environment and for reducing our carbon footprint through embracing Work from Anywhere (in the UK) principles, minimising travel by using virtual technology and adopting sustainable practices.boxxe embraces diversity. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. boxxe does not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All our employment is based on qualification, excellence, and business need.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options boxxe provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure boxxe is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at boxxe
Gender diversity (male:female)
What employees are saying
"I actually find the company fantastic to work for. They are fully supportive of everything and provide quality updates on any changes to the workplace on a regular basis."
Anonymous boxxe Employee