👋 About us
BOOM is a hyper-growing technology start-up that created an automated end-to-end platform to produce and manage visual assets worldwide, leveraging cutting-edge integration services.
BOOM is vibrant and collaborative. We encourage an environment where people can express themselves and work in a way which suits their life and needs. We fit best with people that are driven and motivated. BOOM is truly international, with outstanding talents from different cultures and backgrounds. Our team relies on differences and celebrates them as our power.
Go through our blog here
Read more about our culture and values here
📝 About the job
We are creating cutting-edge, end-to-end integrated services, blending creativity and technology with every step of the process.
You will work in a cross-functional team on a daily basis, able to remove obstacles and make your impact on deliverables, justifying your decisions and plans.
You will be a key part of a talented and successful engineering team that works together to identify smart solutions for the rapid and consistent growth of our products.
You will estimate, plan, design and lead the implementation of a cloud native, microservice-based web and mobile platform.
🔦 Here’s what you will take care of
- Analyse, estimate, design, develop and deliver incremental unit of functionalities for our products, balancing the trade-off between technical excellence and time-to-market
- Write high-quality, modular and efficient code using multiple languages
- Develop fully automated tests, solution writing, and maintaining Unit/Integration/Acceptance Tests
- Participate in design sessions, to propose alternatives solutions, analysing pros and cons of each option
- Identify and prioritise technical debt items and support continuous refactoring activities in every code change in order to constantly improve the quality of the codebase
- Investigate anomalies in our cloud native environment, finding the root-cause of critical business problems and fixing them
- Participate in day-by-day code reviews and pair programming to encourage knowledge sharing
- Foster a continuous learning culture, presenting and discussing ideas and results within the team and beyond
💻 Stack Tech and Practices
- Java & Kotlin with SpringBoot and Quarkus on K8s
- MySQL, PostgreSQL and AWS S3
- AWS SQS/SNS
- Lean Enterprise & Scrum
- Postmortem, Retrospective & Community Meetings
🎯 Who are we looking for
- You are proactive, accountable and teamwork-ready. You believe software development is a learning experience, taming complexity is your mission.
- 5-10 years of previous experience in the same role
- Excellent ability to design robust and modular solutions ready to support continuous evolution and functional growth
- Knowledge of Design Patterns, SOLID and Clean Code principles
- Experience with Microservices and design of distributed systems
- 5+ years expert level working with web-oriented stack and REST API
- Very deep understanding of Java multi-threading, concurrency, memory model, data structures and optimisations
- Advanced experience with SQL: deep understanding of transactions, concurrency, locking mechanics
- Knowledge of Spring Framework (Spring Boot, Spring Security, Spring Data, Spring Web)
🏆 It would be great if you
- Have experience with requirements breakdown, estimation and planning
- Have experience with DDD and TDD; ability to work with both OO and functional coding style
- Have experience with at least another language among Kotlin, Scala.
- Have experience with NoSQL DB like MongoDB or DynamoDB
- Have familiarity with DevOps infrastructure (Docker, Kubernetes & Standard Elk)
- Have experience with AWS services (EC2, S3, EKS, Lambda, Step Functions, SQS/SNS)
👯 The team
You can count on a very open and collaborative Engineering team, share your experience in our Frontend Community and work side by side with Product Managers, UX Designers, Backend and DevOps Engineers in Pods to quickly deliver value to our users.
🤸🏻What we offer
- Quarterly Team retreats
- Extra days off
- Flexible working hours
- Leading-edge equipment
- Dedicated learning time off
- Diversity, Equality and Inclusion Community
- Full remote working and great headquarters in the heart of Milan
🔜 Recruiting Steps
- Discover more about the company, the position and compensation package with our Talent Acquisition team
- Deep-dive into the opportunity with our Engineering Manager
- Get a hands-on experience through our Tech challenge
- Enjoy a Final Chat with our Head of Engineering
BOOM is an equal opportunity workplace committed to providing a work environment that values the benefits and strengths that diversity brings to our employees.
We do not discriminate in employment opportunities on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.