Technical Assurance & Capability Manager
We exist to navigate the most important and impactful engineering challenges of our time. We create environments where people with outstanding technical knowledge deliver meaningful, practical solutions. We are driven by a commitment to a safer, more efficient, effective, and sustainable future. To find out more about BMT please go to www.bmt.org
We know that diversity, equity, and inclusion are critical to achieving our purpose as a business. Our goal is to build more diverse teams and to create an environment where employees are engaged, thriving, and feel a sense of belonging.
Why work for us?
At BMT, our employee benefits are designed to ensure you have the resources you need to thrive.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a wide range of benefits in areas including health, family, finance, and personal development. An example of some of the benefits we offer.
- Private Medical (family coverage)
- Enhanced Pension
- Flexible Working
- Wellbeing Fund – a yearly fund for you to spend on a hobby or interest.
- 26 Days Annual Leave (plus bank holidays)
- Holiday Trading
- Retail Vouchers
- Professional Subscriptions
“We’ve been Flexified, so you can trust that we’re a truly flexible workplace” To find out more about our verified flexible status, visit - Flexa Careers | Flexible Workplaces Offering Freedom & Choice
About the role
The role supports the Technical Assurance and Capability Director in defining and coordinating the Technical Assurance and Capability strategy for BMT.
The role will be engaged with the technical and consulting community to share knowledge, enabling the realisation of BMT’s Technical Assurance and Capability strategy.
The role will involve responsibility for the delivery of key initiatives or schemes which are part of the strategic plan, supporting assurance and capability functions within BMT.
Responsibilities to include (but not limited to)
- Works with the Technical Assurance & Capability Director to define the implementation of the Technical Assurance Strategy and a focus on Capabilities.
- Facilitates and leads meetings with key stakeholders on the Technical Assurance Strategy and Capabilities, acts as a point of contact for queries and a subject matter expert on strategic activities.
- Manages relationships with key stakeholders on behalf of the Technical Assurance and Capability Director to communicate a vision for Technical Assurance at BMT; gains buy in and builds common understanding of expectations and requirements.
- Monitors progress towards the completion of strategic activities, co-ordinating global actions and reports on the same.
- Ensures that strategic activities are progressing and provides additional support and / or escalation where required.
In terms of location, this role can be based in any Global location, close to a BMT office. You will need to execute the role across all time zones. We offer flexible and hybrid working.
- Has a technical or assurance background and a clear understanding of process and requirements; knows what ‘good’ looks like and be excited about how implementing our assurance strategy will improve BMT
- Ability to be effective in role; be able to achieve desired outcomes, self-start and complete activities with low management guidance
- Thorough knowledge of customers technical requirements across BMT’s offerings
- Thorough knowledge of internal capability and capacity of our technical and consulting employees across BMT
- Be credible at all levels, an influencer and an excellent communicator, both verbal and written
Does this sound like you? If so, please submit your application as soon as possible. We look forward to learning more about you.
A message to recruitment agencies: We receive applications exclusively via our ATS. Please note that we do not accept CVs submitted via email to the HR department or staff within our Operational teams. We will not progress CVs shared on a speculative basis by email and you accept our right to pursue such candidates with no obligation to third-party terms and conditions or liability to a fee
We asked employees of BMT how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at BMT
Gender diversity (male:female)
66% Male, 28% Female
Teddington, Bath, Southampton, Fareham, Bristol, Plymouth, Weymouth, Leeds, Aberdeen, Glasgow