About the role
The role of the Senior Engineer is to conduct professional engineering work without detailed supervision. He/she is responsible for providing guidance and oversight to multiple projects, as well as training and mentoring junior engineers.
Responsibilities and tasks:
Technical and Project Management
- Exceptional technical delivery and sound counsel on consulting projects related to Maritime Design.
- Supervise and review the work of other engineers and draftspersons
- Make judgement and recommendations on technical matters within area of expertise.
- Use advanced techniques in the modification or extension of theories and practices to complete assignments.
- Share knowledge and act as mentor to junior staff within area of expertise.
- Prepare proposals and participate in negotiations with the potential Clients
- Liaise with clients, for the purposes of service delivery and networking.
- Build and develop meaningful knowledge, awareness and understanding of relevant market area and development within it
- Support Head of Business Units and Business Development to prepare marketing contents.
- Build and sustain a solid understanding of our services and capabilities
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil / Structural Engineering.
- Minimum 10-15 years’ design / consultancy experience after graduation.
- Sound knowledge of structural design of heavy civil structures based on international standards, marine structures experience a plus
- Sound knowledge of structural design and modelling software such as STAAD and Revit/AutoCAD.
- Able to provide expert advice to EPC Contractor during construction on any construction related issues.
- Able to work under pressure to meet the schedule requirement of fast-track projects.
- Able to manage more than one projects simultaneously
The following criteria are not essential however, highly regarded:
- Experience working within a multi-site organisation.
- Experience working within the engineering sector throughout SEA.
- Able to develop high level concept layout for coastal infrastructure using experience without much of engineering works.
- Able to prepare high level coastal infrastructure project development schedules and project development cost estimates
BMT is a maritime-orientated high-end design house and technical consulting firm driven by a passion for solving complex, real-world problems. To find out more about BMT click here .
We know that diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to achieving our purpose as a business which is to navigate the most important and impactful engineering challenges of our time (to find out more click here ). Our goals are to build more diverse teams and to create an environment where employees are engaged, thriving, and feel a sense of belonging.
At BMT, our employee benefits are designed to ensure you have the resources you need to thrive.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a wide range of benefits in areas including health, family, finance, personal development and flexible working. In addition, we are an employee benefit trust, which means that our profits go directly back to our people through continued development and profit sharing.
If this sounds like you, submit your application as soon as possible. Please ensure you include a cover letter specifying your area of interest, resume outlining your experience and skills.
We look forward to learning more about you.
A message to recruitment agencies: We receive applications exclusively via our ATS. Please note that we do not accept CVs submitted via email to the HR department or staff within our Operational teams. We will not progress CVs shared on a speculative basis by email and you accept our right to pursue such candidates with no obligation to third-party terms and conditions or liability to a fee.
We asked employees of BMT how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at BMT
Gender diversity (male:female)
66% Male, 28% Female
Teddington, Bath, Southampton, Fareham, Bristol, Plymouth, Weymouth, Leeds, Aberdeen, Glasgow