Work for a global high-end design house and technical consulting firm solving complex real-world problems.
We Design. We Guide. We Protect. We Sustain. We Train. We Transform
Learn more about your next company -
Welcome to BMT!
BMT is a leading international design, engineering, science, and risk management consultancy with a reputation for excellence. We're driven by a belief that things can always be better, safer, greener, and more efficient. We provide our customers with the capability, capacity, and confidence to enable them to make the right decisions at the right time by drawing upon the expertise of over 1,300 professionals located in UK, Europe, Asia Pacific, Australia Pacific, and the Americas.
Delivering independent, complex design and consultancy capabilities for over 37 years, we pride ourselves on being equipped to support our customers to tackle the most complex design and systems issues, and challenges, which enables the industry to deliver safer, cleaner, and more fuel-efficient shipping for the future. We draw upon a wide range of experience and expertise to provide high-quality, high value products and services across the maritime sector. The group's assets are held in beneficial ownership for employees.
Your next exciting job opportunity –
To continue our success our team in Perth are looking to fill the position of Graduate Marine / Coastal Engineer assisting our engineers on a diverse range of project specialist marine technical studies supporting planning, feasibility, and design workstreams where you will apply your well-developed technical knowledge, exceptional problem-solving skills, and keen eagerness to learn.
In this role you will be able to:
- Contribute to and gain experience across a wide range of design and engineering related projects being carried out by the BMT team.
- Work alongside, be guided, and supported by others including recognised experts in our existing engineering team.
- Apply innovative and quality solutions to the problems and challenges being faced by our clients utilising advanced tools and techniques including numerical modelling.
- Be involved in both office-based and if the opportunities are available field-based work across a variety of sites.
- Create a personal professional network across Australia and with strong links to the UK and Singapore, where we support similar type projects.
Relevant Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Completed a bachelor’s degree in maritime or civil engineering.
- Have a passion for maritime / coastal engineering subject areas and have evidence of completion of units and excelling in these fields of study.
- Demonstrated acquisition of maritime and coastal numerical modelling skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Keen interest in identifying, developing, and applying leading edge technology and innovative approaches; and
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia on a full-time basis.
Flexible Work -
BMT genuinely believe everyone performs at their best when they have the flexibility to make working for BMT work best for you! We’re officially ‘flexified’ with Flexa.
We are always interested speaking to talent considering BMT as your next employer regardless of where you’re located in Australia, we have offices located in nearly every capital city - Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane & Perth and offer remote and flexible work arrangements including work from home, hybrid and flexible and part time hours.
We strive to offer a range of flexible options to help support our teams in achieving a healthy work-life balance, where your personal life is just as important as your professional life.
BMT Careers -
BMT have a brain-rich culture nurtured by our belief in liberating the talent of our people. We want our employees to be part of our future success, which is why we support them throughout their careers, helping today's recruits become the experts of tomorrow. BMT offer outstanding opportunities to work on a wide variety of exciting projects at locations around the globe that supports retaining skilled talent, resulting in low staff turnover compared to other companies in our sector.
Join our talent community - Whether we're hiring for a role right now or planning for upcoming work when we find great people, we want to connect with them and keep the conversation going. Being part of our talent community means you'll be kept up to date with current vacancies, new job alerts, events we think you might be interested in and kept top of mind for opportunities that match your skillset and capability.
BMT Recruitment Process -
- Submit your application.
- Screening & skills evaluation.
- Hiring Manager Interview
- References and background checks
- BMT Offer!
Our Benefits -
Our employee benefits are designed to ensure you have the resources you need to thrive. We value your contribution by offering the following benefits –
- Competitive salary offering
- A performance-related bonus scheme based on personal, and company performance.
- Access to a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), comprising confidential health, legal and financial advice on a 24/7 basis.
- Learning and Development opportunities to support you in achieving your business and personal objectives and releasing your full potential.
- We are passionate about driving culture to embed sustainability into the core of our business.
- We are a workplace that values diversity and individual talents.
Where possible, our benefits are globally harmonised to ensure equality and consistency across our collaborative teams; we also tailor benefits to ensure they remain competitive with the local geographies in which we operate.
Embracing Sustainability -
Through science, technology, and engineering, we are embracing sustainability across the entirety of our business to make a real difference. We see global challenges as opportunities to support our customers in managing their impact and becoming more resilient. We are also on a mission to improve how we operate as a business, so that we can lead by best practice, and have a positive impact on the environment and our local communities.
Culture & Diversity -
BMT is an equal opportunities employer, committed to an inclusive culture where our employees feel a sense of belonging, and encourage diversity among our global workforces. Our genuine guarantee to always recruit, retain and motivate the best possible talent into our business and pride ourselves on being an inclusive workplace where diversity of thought is sought after and valued.
We regularly review our policies and practices from recruitment and selection to development and progression with an equity lens to ensure that everyone regardless of their gender, gender identity, ethnicity, race, age, ability, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, nationality, life circumstance or marital status have what they need to succeed and thrive at BMT.
BMT continuously promote diversity awareness throughout the organisation at a global level through our employee learning and by recognising and celebrating our employees’ contributions, diverse background, and life experiences. Furthermore, we actively encourage everyone to improve the workplace and work together against harassment, bullying and discrimination.
Our Values –
We believe that an organisation can only be number one in its market if everyone in it works together as one. How we behave is just as important as what we do and BMT has a strong set of values that are embedded into the foundation for all our activities. Trust I Innovation I Passion I Respect I Collaboration
Notice to Recruitment Agency & Related Services -
Please note BMT receive job applications exclusively via our ATS system only. BMT do not warrant or agree to any unsolicited CVs submitted via any contact method including physical hard copies left with any employee at BMT or within our operational teams. We will not progress CVs shared on a speculative basis by email, and you accept our right to pursue such candidates with no obligation to third-party terms and conditions or liability to a fee.
We asked employees of BMT how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at BMT
Gender diversity (male:female)
66% Male, 28% Female
Teddington, Bath, Southampton, Fareham, Bristol, Plymouth, Weymouth, Leeds, Aberdeen, Glasgow