Cyber Security Graduate
We exist to navigate the most important and impactful engineering challenges of our time. We create environments where people with outstanding technical knowledge deliver meaningful, practical solutions. We are driven by a commitment to a safer, more efficient, effective and sustainable future. To find out more about BMT please go to www.bmt.org
Through our projects and operations, we seek to create positive economic, social, and environmental outcomes, inspiring and helping our customers, suppliers, and partners to have a more positive impact in the world. We are committed to demonstrating sustainability practices across our operations, and conduct business in a manner that is responsible, and accountable.
We know that diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to achieving our purpose as a business. Our goal is to build more diverse teams and to create an environment where employees are engaged, thriving, and feel a sense of belonging.
Why work for us?
At BMT, our employee benefits are designed to ensure you have the resources you need to thrive.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a wide range of benefits in areas including health, family, finance, and personal development. An example of some of the benefits we offer.
- Private Medical (family coverage)
- Enhanced Pension
- Flexible working
- Wellbeing fund – a yearly fund for you to spend on a hobby or interest.
- 26 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Holiday trading
- Retail Vouchers
- Professional Subscriptions
“We’ve been Flexified, so you can trust that we’re a truly flexible workplace” This enables us to be more adaptable in how we work and supports us towards delivering our 2035 Net Zero target.
To find out more about our verified flexible status, visit - Flexa Careers | Flexible Workplaces Offering Freedom & Choice
As a Cyber Security Graduate at BMT, you will provide security expertise to customers as part of our cyber security team. Throughout the two-year programme you will be exposed to multiple areas of Cyber Security and Information Assurance such as Operational Technology, Risk Management and Security Architectures.
This is a hybrid role, where you can work from home and either of our Bath or Bristol offices. Depending on project needs you must also be prepared to travel to customer sites (typically Bristol, Corsham, Portsmouth, London) up to two days a week on average.
All BMT cyber security graduates must be prepared to hold security clearance and be a sole UK national, who was born in the UK.
About the role
- As a BMT graduate, you will be part of an exciting two-year development programme that will equip you with the knowledge, skills and experience that you will need to propel your career to the next level. The development programme covers both consultancy skills and technical cyber skills.
- You will work on exciting projects that will develop your cyber and information assurance skills, building up your knowledge on different cyber security frameworks and architectures, for different customer and projects.
- Secure by Design is a baseline for all projects, and you will have the opportunity to influence the design, development and usage of systems, and influence clients.
- BMT’s cyber team hold a significant number of different cyber qualifications. BMT will provide advice on and support the cyber route that you are interested in, including paying the membership fees for your chosen institution.
We are looking for graduates who have the following.
- A relevant (ideally NCSC-certified) cyber-related degree
- An interest and enthusiasm to work within this specialist domain
- An interest in modern technologies
- Dedicated to providing a first-class service to our clients and the determination to further their career and gain Chartered status
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The following experience is desirable and not essential.
- An understanding of threat analytics, risks and typical security controls
- Excellent analytic and investigative abilities with a demonstrated creative approach to problem solving
- Enthusiasm for innovation, experimentation, and self-development in the cyber security field
- The ability and desire to develop and grow an emerging cyber specialism within a leading technology consultancy
Does this sound like you? If so, please submit your application as soon as possible. We look forward to learning more about you.
Please note this is for an October 2024 start.
A message to recruitment agencies: We receive applications exclusively via our ATS. Please note that we do not accept CVs submitted via email to the HR department or staff within our Operational teams. We will not progress CVs shared on a speculative basis by email and you accept our right to pursue such candidates with no obligation to third-party terms and conditions or liability to a fee
We asked employees of BMT how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at BMT
Gender diversity (male:female)
66% Male, 28% Female
Teddington, Bath, Southampton, Fareham, Bristol, Plymouth, Weymouth, Leeds, Aberdeen, Glasgow