Client Support Engineer
About the role
Client Support Engineer will be responsible for field planning, installation, commissioning, training, troubleshooting, maintenance, upgrades, and de-mobilization of BMT Instrumentation Systems
Duties / Responsibilities:
The Client Support Engineer duties will include, but may not be limited to:
· Design support with consideration of installation and maintenance issues.
· Support QA/QC process in system assembly.
· Development of operation, maintenance, installation and commissioning documentation.
· Involvement with system integration and testing including Factory Acceptance Testing.
· Lead the installation and commissioning of systems.
· Coordinate with technical groups within BMT to ensure that problems with existing systems are identified and corrected in a timely manner.
· Identifying work tasks for the Field Service group and other Engineering groups (Data, Software, Electrical, Mechanical and Drafting).
· Supervise technicians, field engineers and software specialists on the technical execution of service, repair and maintenance jobs;
· Receive requests from clients for service, repairs and maintenance of existing systems; Raise tickets as new work items are identified.
· For facilities assigned to the Client Support Engineer ensure:
o Perform regular quality checks in BMT Deep data as needed when supporting key clients.
o Update Deltek opportunities as part of day to day operations to track all stages from Opportunity, to Proposal, and to Contract.
· Produce an up to date Maintenance Strategy document.
· Develop action plans for each work item that is in the intranet ticketing system.
· Complete preparation of work prior that is in the intranet ticketing system for field service trips.
· Assist field personnel and review work performed that is in the intranet ticketing system for deployment offshore.
Responsible for designing and writing the technical aspects of field service proposals scope of work, initial man-hour, and schedule estimates.
Enter Bid Assessment Forms (BAF) into Navigator.
Development of technical procedures, documentation and training presentations to ensure the success of Field Electronic Technicians and Field Engineers.
Ensure that QA and QC procedures are followed in all service and upgrade activities.
· Maintain Instrumentation Services (IS) documentation needed for the Field Service group in “Contracts” drive in BMT network.
Location & Flexibility:
In terms of location, we have office in Houston, TX. This is a hybrid role but at times requires to be in the office. Please note that travel to customer sites or to attend meetings will be required. This role is a full-time position.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Ocean Engineering, or equivalent Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience in engineering and/or electronics, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Minimum 5 years of experience with increasing responsibility on work or projects in mechanical, electrical or software engineering field.
Skills / Abilities / Knowledge:
· Proven experience in writing concise and easy to read manner for customers or in a highly specialized language for experts.
· Must be willing and able to work outside normal business hours (evenings and weekends). Such work may include communications (phone and email) with clients, communications (phone and email) with personnel in the field, and support of personnel in the field including analysis, providing technical direction and guidance and coordinating onshore support from others.
· Good working knowledge of computerized data acquisition systems.
· Experience and knowledge of Analog & Serial communications (4-20mA, RS-232/422/485)
· This position is required to take and successfully pass rigorous offshore survival classes as may be required by company clients.
· For this role, a valid TWIC and BOSIET will need to be maintained and this training will be provided if not already held by potential candidates.
We exist to navigate the most important and impactful engineering challenges of our time. We create environments where people with outstanding technical knowledge deliver meaningful, practical solutions. We are driven by a commitment to a safer, more efficient, effective, and sustainable future to find out more about BMT click here .
BMT hires talented people and welcomes applications from everyone. BMT is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We know that diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to achieving our purpose as a business which is to navigate the most important and impactful engineering challenges of our time (to find out more click here ). Our passion and goal are to build more diverse teams and to create an environment where employees are engaged, thriving, and feel a sense of belonging.
At BMT, our employee benefits are designed to ensure you have the resources you need to thrive.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a wide range of benefits in areas including health, dental, vison, life insurance, long term disability, short term disability, health care flexible spending account, dependent care reimbursement plan, 401k, PTO, 9 holidays, plus 1 floating holiday and professional development opportunities.
Don’t hesitate to ask more about our benefits during the hiring process.
Does this sound like you? If so, please submit your application as soon as possible. We look forward to learning more about you.
A message to recruitment agencies: We receive applications exclusively via our ATS. Please note that we do not accept CVs submitted via email to the HR department or staff within our Operational teams. We will not progress CVs shared on a speculative basis by email, and you accept our right to pursue such candidates with no obligation to third-party terms and conditions or liability to a fee.
We asked employees of BMT how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at BMT
Gender diversity (male:female)
66% Male, 28% Female
Teddington, Bath, Southampton, Fareham, Bristol, Plymouth, Weymouth, Leeds, Aberdeen, Glasgow