Campaign Lead – Offshore Wind
Campaign Lead – Offshore Wind
We exist to navigate the most important and impactful engineering challenges of our time. We create environments where people with outstanding technical knowledge deliver meaningful, practical solutions. We are driven by a commitment to a safer, more efficient, effective, and sustainable future. To find out more about BMT please go to www.bmt.org
We know that diversity, equity, and inclusion are critical to achieving our purpose as a business. Our goal is to build more diverse teams and to create an environment where employees are engaged, thriving, and feel a sense of belonging.
Why work for us?
At BMT, our employee benefits are designed to ensure you have the resources you need to thrive.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a wide range of benefits in areas including health, family, finance, and personal development. An example of some of the benefits we offer.
- Private Medical (family coverage)
- Enhanced Pension
- Flexible Working
- Wellbeing Fund – a yearly fund for you to spend on a hobby or interest.
- 26 Days Annual Leave (plus bank holidays)
- Holiday Trading
- Retail Vouchers
- Professional Subscriptions
“We’ve been Flexified, so you can trust that we’re a truly flexible workplace” To find out more about our verified flexible status, visit - Flexa Careers | Flexible Workplaces Offering Freedom & Choice
About the role
Campaign Leads are a catalyst to drive sustainable growth and integrate change across BMT; this is a priority for the business.
The Offshore Wind Campaign Lead is charged with the leadership of BMT’s Offshore Wind Campaign and delegated responsibility for the delivery of the Campaign objectives to demonstrate the return on investment as stated in the Campaign business case.
The Campaign objectives can be summarised as:
- Understand BMT’s existing global capabilities across maritime infrastructure, environment, and ship design and build an integrated value proposition to approach the global offshore wind market.
- Work with BMT’s 3 key regions (UK/EU, APAC, and North America) to establish and/or build capability in areas that drive BMT growth into existing or emerging markets, targeting Top Tier level of developer supply chain.
- Lead global customer engagement and marketing activities to build our brand awareness and develop network of new customers.
- Work with the strategy team and regional stakeholders to identify innovation business cases that will drive differentiation of BMT’s value proposition.
The Campaign Lead will act as the focal point directing cross-functional teams in the pursuit of the campaign objectives and will drive internal change; integrate activity; act as a catalyst; inspire others internally and externally about the new BMT offer; ‘bring the pieces of the puzzle together’.
Success in this role demands a strong strategic and analytical orientation coupled with exceptional communication skills as well as a highly developed collaborative nature to drive change and deliver benefits. With an intimate understanding of relevant markets and customer behaviours, the Campaign Lead will harness BMT’s ambition for sustained growth through driving business development, whilst providing detailed feedback and innovative thinking to Future Business, Strategy and Programmes teams to drive capability, technical outputs, broader business improvements and grow orders.
In terms of location, we have offices in Bath. Bristol. London, Southampton, Weymouth & Plymouth. Hybrid and Remote working will be supported in this role. BMT is open and committed to discussing flexible working. We believe that everyone performs at their best when they have the flexibility to make working for BMT work best for them.
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated ability to translate market trends into profitable business decisions in a result driven environment.
- Relevant technical knowledge to show credibility with external audience.
- Demonstrable experience of building appropriate and effective local and international networks; adept at building strong relationships within BMT, with customers and with partners to draw value from the full breadth of our global capability; capable of engaging with senior client stakeholders.
- Collaborative, visionary and inclusive leader with an entrepreneurial spirit. Proven track record of being able to quickly influence, energise and motivate others.
- Ability to establish positive and effective working.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to allow delivery of complex messages which must be easily digestible, unambiguous, engaging and informative to a range of audiences inside and outside of BMT.
- Strong reasoning and problem-solving skills which can be applied to dynamic priorities, supporting changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.
- Personal drive, inquisitiveness, and an appetite to further grow a successful business.
- A strong preference will be for candidates with a solid understanding of the Offshore Wind Market, key developers, and supply chain organization, with an existing network of contacts in this space, alongside a proven track record of developing new customers at developer or Tier 1 consultant level.
- Understanding of engineering and technology led consultancy businesses operating in offshore wind sector, focused on the customer/market challenges and the opportunities that the offshore wind market can generate for BMT
Does this sound like you? If so, please submit your application as soon as possible. We look forward to learning more about you.
A message to recruitment agencies: We receive applications exclusively via our ATS. Please note that we do not accept CVs submitted via email to the HR department or staff within our Operational teams. We will not progress CVs shared on a speculative basis by email and you accept our right to pursue such candidates with no obligation to third-party terms and conditions or liability to a fee
We asked employees of BMT how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at BMT
Gender diversity (male:female)
66% Male, 28% Female
Teddington, Bath, Southampton, Fareham, Bristol, Plymouth, Weymouth, Leeds, Aberdeen, Glasgow