About the role
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Accounts Payable Clerk will have overall responsibility for the Accounts Payable cycle at BMT Canada Ltd. The Accounts Payable Clerk will support the Financial Controller in the day-to-day operations of the company and be a resource for financial analysis. Specifically, you will:
· Maintain an environment of strong internal controls and be part of team developing policies and procedures;
· Prepare accounting documents such a recording of vendors invoices, reconciliation of account statements and other payable statements;
· Enter, verify and reconcile transactions in accounts payable including invoices, expenses, and preparation of payments;
· Manage accounts payable including monitoring of outstanding payables and communication with vendors in a professional manner;
· Maintain and post weekly timesheets and expenses;
· Respond to Project Manager inquiries on a timely basis;
· Review costing information on a monthly basis and required monthly closing procedures.
This is a permanent full-time position. Hybrid work is available but the selected candidate must work out of our Ottawa office.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and flexible team member, who possess the following knowledge, experience, and skills:
· Community College diploma in accounting or equivalent.
· Minimum of 3 years experience in accounting.
· Experience using an ERP accounting system, specifically accounts payable, time and expenses.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Attention to detail required.
· Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word).
· Deltek Vision experience considered an asset
· Familiarity with Government Contracting procedures is preferred.
· Security clearance would be an asset.
BMT is a maritime-orientated high-end design house and technical consulting firm driven by a passion for solving complex, real-world problems. To find out more about BMT click here .
BMT is open and committed to discussing flexible working. We believe that everyone performs at their best when they have the flexibility to make working for BMT work best for them.
BMT hires talented people and welcomes applications from everyone. We know that diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to achieving our purpose as a business which is to navigate the most important and impactful engineering challenges of our time (to find out more click here ). Our passion and goal are to build more diverse teams and to create an environment where employees are engaged, thriving, and feel a sense of belonging.
At BMT, our employee benefits are designed to ensure you have the resources you need to thrive.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a wide range of benefits including group health and dental, a Health Spending Account, RRSP matching, employee discount programs, employee and family assistance programs and learning and development opportunities.
Don’t hesitate to ask more about our benefits during the hiring process.
Does this sound like you? If so, please submit your application via our company Careers page. We look forward to learning more about you.
BMT is committed to employment equity, to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst its workforce. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We asked employees of BMT how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at BMT
Gender diversity (male:female)
66% Male, 28% Female
Teddington, Bath, Southampton, Fareham, Bristol, Plymouth, Weymouth, Leeds, Aberdeen, Glasgow