Account Manager – UK Land, Joint, Air
About the role
The Account Manager – UK Land, Joint, Air will be responsible for securing profitable Order Intake, in support of the company strategic plan. Working to the Regional Sales Director UK/Europe, the individual will be focused within our established markets, and be required to develop intimate customer relationships, strengthen our opportunity pipeline, and translate into Order Intake for the UK Land, Joint, Air account. Working closely with our delivery teams, the role will ensure a coordinated approach to the customer and have responsibility for achieving the agreed in year order intake target – through a combination of both contract growth and new business.
This is an important leadership position in BMT, having the experience to lead cross functional teams in the pursuit of winning business, and bringing the voice of the customer into BMT through their intimate understanding of their customer’s objectives and challenges.
Key responsibilities of the Account Manager – UK Land, Joint, Air, include:
· Meeting Order Intake targets for the account, including responsibility for sales forecasting, performance, and accuracy; as well as contributing to budget setting.
· Build and strengthen the sales order pipeline.
· Managing the account overhead budgets, and bids and proposals budget (as appropriate).
· Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships; partnering with customers to understand their business needs and objectives.
· Ensuring a coordinated approach to customer relationship development across the business.
In terms of location, we have offices in Bath, Bristol, London, Teddington, Plymouth, Weymouth and Fareham, and we are happy to explore flexible and hybrid working arrangements. Please note that travel to customer sites or to attend meetings will be required.
This role is available part-time, job-share or full time. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren’t available full-time.
· Experience in a Sales/Business Development position with demonstrable evidence of market growth.
· Strong business acumen and demonstrated ability to negotiate. Ability to influence, and gain commitment. Ability to translate into profitable business decisions in a result driven environment.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills to allow delivery of complex messages which must be easily digestible, unambiguous, engaging, and informative to a range of audiences.
· Outstanding customer relationship skills, and relevant market/customer knowledge.
· Experience of building appropriate and effective networks.
· Excellent reasoning and problem-solving skills.
· Demonstrates emotional intelligence through excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ability to establish positive and effective working relationships with all staff members.
· Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.
· Personal drive and appetite to further grow a successful business.
BMT is a maritime-orientated high-end design house and technical consulting firm driven by a passion for solving complex, real-world problems. To find out more about BMT click here .
BMT is open and committed to discussing flexible working. We believe that everyone performs at their best when they have the flexibility to make working for BMT work best for them.
BMT hires talented people and welcomes applications from everyone. At this time, we particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian, Minority ethnic, female, and non-binary candidates as we are underrepresented in these groups.
We know that diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to achieving our purpose as a business which is to navigate the most important and impactful engineering challenges of our time (to find out more click here ). Our passion and goal are to build more diverse teams and to create an environment where employees are engaged, thriving, and feel a sense of belonging.
At BMT, our employee benefits are designed to ensure you have the resources you need to thrive.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a wide range of benefits in areas including health, family, finance, and personal development.
Don’t hesitate to ask more about our benefits during the hiring process.
Does this sound like you? If so, please submit your application as soon as possible. We look forward to learning more about you.
A message to recruitment agencies: We receive applications exclusively via our ATS. Please note that we do not accept CVs submitted via email to the HR department or staff within our Operational teams. We will not progress CVs shared on a speculative basis by email and you accept our right to pursue such candidates with no obligation to third-party terms and conditions or liability to a fee.
We asked employees of BMT how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at BMT
Gender diversity (male:female)
66% Male, 28% Female
Teddington, Bath, Southampton, Fareham, Bristol, Plymouth, Weymouth, Leeds, Aberdeen, Glasgow