Want to make a difference in the world of cancer research and support? We’re looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated finance professional to join our mission-driven team as a Finance Officer at Blood Cancer UK.
We are seeking someone passionate about making an impact through finance to be part of our close-knit team. This is an opportunity for you if you are looking for either a fulltime role or a part-time role working 4 days per week. If you are looking to work 4 days per week, please indicate this in your cover letter.
We welcome direct contact from interested candidates but have a strict no agencies policy.
As Finance Officer, you will:
- Take ownership of accounting processes like managing cashbooks, preparing accruals and prepayments, processing invoices, and completing bank reconciliations.
- Build relationships across teams, acting as the go-to finance contact for budget holders.
- Champion continuous improvement initiatives to streamline financial processes.
- Support the annual audit and preparation of accounts with keen attention to detail.
- Help implement new financial systems and provide training to users.
- Bring an analytical approach to problem-solving and coding queries.
- Participate in company-wide events and fundraising activities.
THINGS WE ALL DO
- Promote Blood Cancer UK’s vision, mission and core values
- We’re all fundraisers. This is slightly different for all roles, and your team will have fundraising KPIs and objectives we all work to Attend and assist at Blood Cancer UK events and activities as required (NB this involves evening and weekend work)
- Be an effective ambassador for Blood Cancer UK at any activity you attend
- All staff are expected to adhere to Blood Cancer UK’s policies and procedures
- Do any other reasonable things your manager needs you to do
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
- Knowledge of accounting concepts and bookkeeping
- Strong Excel skills and working knowledge of MS Office
- Proactive self-starter with eagerness to learn
- Analytical mindset
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Passion for continuous improvement
- Accounting or bookkeeping qualification preferred, or a willingness to study towards one with business support
We asked employees of Blood Cancer UK how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Blood Cancer UK
London and Edinburgh