Working closely with the Product, Commercial and Technology teams to deliver top-notch products and experiences to our customers, you will design simple solutions to complex business problems – assuring availability and performance. You will provide ongoing consultation and advice to stakeholders about roadmap features and will lead and implement architectural design best- practices, aiding the company projects' long-term success. Provide technical mentorship and support for architectural design, from individual applications/services to distributed systems design.
What you will be doing...
- Evaluation, conceptualization, design and integration of new features and enhancements into our backend sportsbook product, ensuring that product design and technology choices anticipate future needs
- To be the go-to technical authority for development teams working on the sportsbook backend platform
- To work with the other architects across the Group to ensure a future-ready product is designed
- Be an active member of the technology-wide architecture community
- Search, research and prototype new technologies
- Work closely with Technology and Commercial stakeholders from multiple divisions, to ensure technical design solutions enable the betting platform to become a group asset
- Develop comprehensive, informative documentation of the gbp system to be used across the different Flutter divisions
- Develop understandings of the systems across the gbp product, their strengths, weaknesses, and their relationships and dependencies
We hope you have...
- Experience in designing, documenting and developing highly available, modifiable applications with high throughput expectations
- Experience in distributed systems design
- Good grasp of software engineering fundamentals
- Ability to properly balance the strategic and the tactical, ensuring the big-picture is not lost
´We'd love to see...
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to establish close relationships with members of the development community inside and outside of own delivery team, underpinned by trust, integrity and respect
- Objective, impartial, and unbiased posture, ensuring equal treatment for all and that decision taken are based on objective criteria. Pragmatism and passion for the art of problem-solving
- Capability to work effectively and in partnership with other delivery community members inside and outside of own delivery team on the company shared goals that align towards the achievement of the Flutter group technology strategy
- Understanding and appreciation different and opposing perspectives on an issue and the ability to adapt your approach in order to achieve a successful outcome
- A strong commitment to the development of talent: Recommending and supporting development activities in preparation for future roles; Investing time to coach and mentor others; Identifying, selecting, and developing top talent including and not shying away from the talent that goes beyond your own capabilities; Working towards creation of an organisation that is an attractive place to work
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Blip provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Blip is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Blip
Gender diversity (male:female)
What employees are saying
"Blip is a pioneer in flexible working practises in Porto, Portugal. The company really cares for the workers' wellbeing and translates that in to effective work."
Delivery Manager at Blip