Our Developers know their stuff – they're busy working independently and setting high standards.
As a Backend Engineer, you are part of a Software Development Team, responsible for the full lifecycle of an application.
Reporting to a Delivery Manager in a delivery team formed by 5 Developers and 1 QA, you will be using cutting-edge technologies to deliver amazing value to our customers, while scaling our platform to meet the demands of worldwide markets. You will be required to program well-designed, testable, efficient code to solve business needs, as well as testing and documenting the implemented solutions.
You will have a bias for action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive the scalability, performance and stability of our products.
What you will be doing...
As a team player in an Agile Team, working together to keep delivering at pace, scale and with demanded quality to support our products, you will be able to:
- Execute full software development life cycle
- Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to support the Product Owner with requirements and the team with solutions
- Autonomously write well-designed, testable and efficient code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop unit, component and integrated tests, with the guidance of team's QA
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Deploy applications in a Continuous Integration platform
- Ensure software is updated with latest features / versions in a timely manner
We hope you have...
- Passion for building a great consumer product that our customers will love
- At least 3 years of proven track record of working with Java (preferable, 8+) or similar OOP Languages
- Experience working with a high concurrency/high transactional/ highly available platform
- Experience of using established design patterns;
We'd love to see...
- Familiarity working with Client-server protocols such as SOAP, REST
- Experience working with Kafka and message queueing systems
- Knowledge of Scala, Akka, memcached, Apache Storm, Apache Cassandra, ZooKeeper
- Awareness and experience in using agile methodologies
- Ability to interact effectively with other functional teams
- Excellent communication skills, common sense and a passion for the art of problem solving
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Blip provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Blip is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Blip
Gender diversity (male:female)
What employees are saying
"Blip is a pioneer in flexible working practises in Porto, Portugal. The company really cares for the workers' wellbeing and translates that in to effective work."
Delivery Manager at Blip