Our technology helps some of the world’s best-known theme parks, zoos and resorts — such as Alton Towers, Chester Zoo and Butlin’s — to deliver a seamless guest experience and better business outcomes. We already serve millions of guests at world-class attractions each year and have ambitious growth plans.
As a Senior Software Engineer working on our product team, you will be a core contributor to our platform. You will collaborate with other engineers, defining and delivering solutions that expand our product offerings and support our continued growth.
We are fully cloud-based (AWS), with our architecture rapidly transitioning towards a NodeJS/TypeScript future. We use an ever-growing array of Amazon services, and commercial AWS knowledge is essential.
The engineering team has built a strong engineering foundation with regular training, knowledge shares, guilds, and open discussions running every week. We believe personal growth leads to a stronger team, and you will have regular upskilling opportunities as part of your role.
- Work as part of an agile team to deliver product-focused functionality
- Make strategic decisions in line with the long-term vision of the business
- Collaborate, plan and implement cloud architecture
- Review code and strive to improve code quality
- Stay up to date with new technologies and solutions
- Mentor and upskill junior engineers
- T-shaped engineer with a focus on backend development
- A passionate approach to work with a desire to push boundaries
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where we focus on delivering value while learning, growing, and experimenting
- Experience designing, building and maintaining microservice architectures
- Solid understanding of CI/CD principles
- Deep understanding of automated testing (unit/integration/e2e)
- Ability to explain technical issues in a clear way to key stakeholders
- 5+ years of commercial experience with AWS
- 5+ years of commercial experience using JS
- Deep knowledge of relational databases (we use MySQL)
- Experience working in an agile environment
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Commercial experience using PHP (part of our legacy architecture)
- Hands-on experience with internationalisation
- Experience using event-driven architectures
- Exposure to GraphQL
- Experience working within monorepos (Lerna/Yarn/NPM)
- Experience processing large columns of data (particularly parquet files)
- Exposure to AWS Firehose, Lambda, DynamoDB, EventBridge
- Experience working on a SaaS product
- A competitive salary
- Participation in our share options scheme
- Fully remote working
- Annual remote work allowance
- Flexible hours
- 33 days paid holiday
- Support with your personal development
- Quarterly company offsites at some of the best attractions around (our customers)!
We asked employees of Attractions.io how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Attractions.io
Gender diversity (male:female)
Fully remote with hot-desking space
What employees are saying
I'm very happy with my workplace - The support is there when we need it, and we're given the freedom to develop, experiment, and if we fail, we learn from our mistakes and come back stronger.