As a Lead Software Engineer at Attractions.io, you'll play a key role in helping to build the connected guest experience of the future at theme parks, zoos, resorts and other out-of-home entertainment venues.
You'll be a strong team player with a growth mindset and be involved in hands-on engineering, architecture design, strategy and people leadership — working on a product used by millions of people across four different continents.
Our technology already helps some of the world's best-known attractions, such as Alton Towers, Chester Zoo and Butlin's, to deliver a seamless guest experience and better business outcomes.
- Lead an agile team to deliver quality software for our web application and APIs
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders across different teams, making strategic decisions in line with the long-term vision of the business
- Facilitate the planning and implementation of our software architecture
- Be a hands-on contributor to projects, writing high-quality code
- Promote shared understanding and buy-in within both your own team and the wider business
- Mentor and coach engineers, helping them to improve their skills and fulfil their potential
- Ensure best practices and cultivate a world-class engineering culture
- Experience designing, building and maintaining microservice architectures at scale
- Deep knowledge of the AWS ecosystem and serverless architecture
- A track record of solving complex engineering problems
- A solid understanding of the SDLC, including CI/CD principles
- Commercial experience with TypeScript, React and MySQL
- Well-versed in TDD and test automation best practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to explain technical information to a variety of stakeholders
- Experience mentoring and coaching other engineers, helping them to fulfil their potential and achieve their goals
- A customer-centric mindset, able to deeply understand business needs and deliver the appropriate technical solutions
- Competitive salary and share option scheme
- 100% remote working with a remote work allowance
- Flexible working hours
- 33 days paid holiday
- High-end equipment
- Quarterly company off-sites at fantastic attractions (our customers)
We asked employees of Attractions.io how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Attractions.io
Gender diversity (male:female)
Fully remote with hot-desking space
What employees are saying
I'm very happy with my workplace - The support is there when we need it, and we're given the freedom to develop, experiment, and if we fail, we learn from our mistakes and come back stronger.