Founded in 2015 and headquartered in London and New York, Attest is a consumer research SaaS platform for the world’s biggest and fastest growing brands. Attest’s easy-to-use, self-serve dashboard is coupled with on-demand research expertise, empowering anyone to quickly conduct high-quality research and be continuously tapped into the consumer.
Some of the notable brands leveraging continuous insights to put the consumer’s voice at the center of their business with Attest include Unilever, Santander, Walgreens/Boots, Klarna, Brew Dr. Kombucha, Trustpilot, JCDecaux among many others. To date, Attest has raised $90 million in venture capital with backing from investors such as Kismet, Schroders, and NEA. To learn more about Attest, visit www.askattest.com.
The mission for this role:
The Staff Engineer role at Attest puts you at the heart of architectural decision-making, requiring impeccable technical skills, clear and concise communication, and deep product and user understanding - this role is hands-on, leading from the front to build a better rich experience for both our users and engineers.
We are seeking an experienced backend software engineer who may have held titles such as Staff or Principal Engineer, or Architect. As one of two staff engineers at Attest, alongside our frontend staff engineer, you will support our backend engineering function from decision-making to implementation. You will first and foremost help engineers walk the fine line between quality and rapid delivery and you will help bridge the gap of understanding value vs complexity.
We don’t require you to know any specific technologies but are familiar enough with enough comparable technologies to get up to speed quickly. Some of the tech we use is: Java, Go, Kafka, PostgreSQL, Kubernetes, and AWS.
Your focus will be to …
- Create, drive and get hands on involved in delivering the Attest backend strategy.
- Improve engineering efficiency by looking at patterns, tooling, CI and processes
- Aid rapid delivery by joining in on planning sessions with product and engineering
- Maintaining contextual awareness of backend across the Attest estate
- Coach other engineers along their career journeys
- Deliver core platform features alongside domain-specific engineering squads
- Own the definition of our public and private APIs
- In conjunction with Technology leadership build and refine Attest’s backend software delivery processes
We’d love to hear from you if you…
- Have worked as a Staff or Principal Engineer or Architect.
- Are happy to question the status quo and find solutions to move forward in a better direction
- Would like the autonomy to find the best solutions that deliver value to engineers and customers
- Want to rapidly deliver valuable software both internally and externally
- Prefer simplicity over complexity in software systems
- Are passionate about mentoring gifted engineers
Pay & Benefits:
We believe that everyone’s unique skills and experience are important and we celebrate every hire we make. Our pay and benefits programme is designed with a focus on the wellbeing, engagement and growth of our people.
- A competitive salary that fairly recognises your experience and potential
- We’re enthusiastic to offer all Attesters EMI share options in the company so that as the business succeeds, so do you!
- 25 days (UK) paid holiday per year, increasing to 26 after 3 years service and 27 after 4 years service. This is in addition to local public holidays and an additional 2 days off around the festive season
- To help you save for your retirement, you’ll be auto-enrolled to our group pension plan when you join
- Support with remote and flexible working both whilst we navigate the world as it is now and in the long-term. We’ll even give you £300 to set up your home office
- A career growth and development budget of £20 per month which can be accrued over the year.
- A £40 a month wellness allowance to spend on things that matter to your physical and mental wellbeing. This can be spent on a monthly basis or saved up for larger purchases over the year.
- Access to private and confidential coaching or counselling via Sanctus
- Spend up to 2 paid days per month - 10% time - giving back to your community or supporting your favourite charity
- 10 days paid sick leave a year - for your body and your mind
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme by Care First
- Your choice of equipment and access to great tools that support your productivity and impact
- An open, inclusive and supportive team where everyone is valued and all ideas and suggestions are welcomed
In-person and remote working balance ...
As a company, we aren’t fully remote and place strong emphasis on teams being able to meet, and spend time together in a safe and flexible environment regularly, as well as being able to travel to meet customers when rules and safety considerations permit. We always want to ensure that it is balanced against having a healthy approach to flexible working/working from home and nurturing your life outside of work as well as in work.
With that in mind, we have a permanent office location at 21-33 Great Eastern St, London EC2A 3EJ, where our team spend time together on a weekly basis. We don’t set specific rules, but expect folks to spend time with the team in the office on average 3 days per week.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The world’s best companies mirror the world around them. We are building an Attest that brings together, and actively celebrates, diversity in race, age, physical and mental ability, sexuality, gender identity and perspectives. Every Attester should feel they belong as their complete selves. We make an active choice to acknowledge and remove systematic inequality from our people and talent processes. We don't claim to have this all figured out yet, but it’s a journey we are fully accountable to.
With this in mind, data shows that individuals from minority groups typically only apply if they meet every criteria listed. Based upon this insight, we wanted to take this opportunity to encourage individuals who meet some, but not all criteria to still apply as you may be the right person for the role!
We want you to bring the best of you to the hiring process. Please contact us at email@example.com if you’d like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Attest provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Attest is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Attest
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, UK, New York, USA