Founded in 2015 and headquartered in London and New York, Attest is a consumer research SaaS platform for the world’s biggest and fastest growing brands. Attest’s easy-to-use, self-serve dashboard is coupled with on-demand research expertise, empowering anyone to quickly conduct high-quality research and be continuously tapped into the consumer.
Some of the notable brands leveraging continuous insights to put the consumer’s voice at the center of their business with Attest include Unilever, Santander, Walgreens/Boots, Klarna, Brew Dr. Kombucha, Trustpilot, JCDecaux among many others. To date, Attest has raised $90 million in venture capital with backing from investors such as Kismet, Schroders, and NEA. To learn more about Attest, visit www.askattest.com.
The mission for this role:
The Platform Engineering Manager role at Attest is a multi-faceted one, requiring a high degree of technical skill, people management and business acumen - our Engineering Managers are first and foremost leaders.
We are seeking an exceptional Platform Engineering Manager to lead our Platform team. The Platform team is responsible for all the infrastructure all our products run on and these service our customers across the globe. Our platform is one we are proud of but we also have big plans to make it even better, to automate, innovate, secure and to provide amazing developer and customer experiences.
We don’t have a requirement that you know any specific technologies but are familiar enough with enough comparable technologies in order to get up to speed quickly. Some of the tech we use is: Vue, TypeScript, Webpack, Vite, Jest, Cypress, Storybook, Java, Kafka, go.
Within our infrastructure we use K8s, AWS (RDS, EKS, ECS, Redshift, S3 and more), Terraform, Palumi, go, but you’ll have autonomy to make changes where they are needed.
Your focus will be to …
- Be part of the Technology leadership team, building and refining a Platform vision alongside our team of Platform Engineers.
- Support the Platform Engineers to implement and deliver the vision through planning, unblocking and coaching, alongside building exciting growth plans for the team.
- Increase the efficiency of the platform, so we can release fast, more often and with high confidence.
- Ensure we have a high quality process around platform change ensuring suitability for now and for the future.
- Enable us to get good value from our platform spend (AWS fees etc) and ensure we are fully utilising systems.
We’d love to hear from you if you have/are…
- Worked as a Platform Engineering Manager. Platform Lead, Engineering Manager or Engineering Lead in the past and are passionate about developing careers for gifted engineers.
- Experience with high availability infrastructure, you enjoy building infrastructure as code and have continued to stay hands on as your career has progressed.
- Present simple solutions, ensuring that assumptions are correct, before starting to problem solve.
- Focus on scalability whilst building complex systems and you will always automate before doing something twice.
- Have a view to getting a good return for spend on PaaS, IaaS and SaaS.
- Care about DevX
- Have experience with security standards such as ISO27001
Pay & Benefits:
We believe that everyone’s unique skills and experience are important and we celebrate every hire we make. Our pay and benefits programme is designed with a focus on the wellbeing, engagement and growth of our people.
- A competitive salary that fairly recognises your experience and potential
- We’re enthusiastic to offer all Attesters EMI share options in the company so that as the business succeeds, so do you!
- 25 days (UK) paid holiday per year, increasing to 26 after 3 years service and 27 after 4 years service. This is in addition to local public holidays and an additional 2 days off around the festive season
- To help you save for your retirement, you’ll be auto-enrolled to our group pension plan when you join
- Support with remote and flexible working both whilst we navigate the world as it is now and in the long-term. We’ll even give you £300 to set up your home office
- A career growth and development budget of £20 per month which can be accrued over the year.
- A £40 a month wellness allowance to spend on things that matter to your physical and mental wellbeing. This can be spent on a monthly basis or saved up for larger purchases over the year.
- Access to private and confidential coaching or counselling via Sanctus
- Spend up to 2 paid days per month - 10% time - giving back to your community or supporting your favourite charity
- 10 days paid sick leave a year - for your body and your mind
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme by Care First
- Your choice of equipment and access to great tools that support your productivity and impact
- An open, inclusive and supportive team where everyone is valued and all ideas and suggestions are welcomed
In-person and remote working balance ...
As a company, we aren’t fully remote and place strong emphasis on teams being able to meet, and spend time together in a safe and flexible environment regularly, as well as being able to travel to meet customers when rules and safety considerations permit. We always want to ensure that it is balanced against having a healthy approach to flexible working/working from home and nurturing your life outside of work as well as in work.
With that in mind, we have a permanent office location at 21-33 Great Eastern St, London EC2A 3EJ, where our team spend time together on a weekly basis. We don’t set specific rules, but expect folks to spend time with the team in the office on average 2/3 days per week.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The world’s best companies mirror the world around them. We are building an Attest that brings together, and actively celebrates, diversity in race, age, physical and mental ability, sexuality, gender identity and perspectives. Every Attester should feel they belong as their complete selves. We make an active choice to acknowledge and remove systematic inequality from our people and talent processes. We don't claim to have this all figured out yet, but it’s a journey we are fully accountable to.
With this in mind, data shows that individuals from minority groups typically only apply if they meet every criteria listed. Based upon this insight, we wanted to take this opportunity to encourage individuals who meet some, but not all criteria to still apply as you may be the right person for the role!
We want you to bring the best of you to the hiring process. Please contact us at email@example.com if you’d like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Attest provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Attest is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Attest
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, UK, New York, USA