1–2 days per week at home
A little flex time
Founded in 2015 and headquartered in London and New York, Attest is a consumer research SaaS platform for the world’s biggest and fastest growing brands. Attest’s easy-to-use, self-serve dashboard is coupled with on-demand research expertise, empowering anyone to quickly conduct high-quality research and be continuously tapped into the consumer.
Some of the notable brands leveraging continuous insights to put the consumer’s voice at the center of their business with Attest include Unilever, Santander, Walgreens/Boots, Klarna, Brew Dr. Kombucha, Trustpilot, JCDecaux among many others. To date, Attest has raised $90 million in venture capital with backing from investors such as Kismet, Schroders, and NEA. To learn more about Attest, visit www.askattest.com.
The mission for this role:
You'll oversee the running of our fun, vibrant, collaborative London office. As Office Manager, you will be responsible for various tasks, from liaising with suppliers to organising and managing our calendar of in-office perks and activities (including yoga, massages, etc), and simply being a friendly face to our 140+ employees, their pooches, as well as candidates and visitors to our offices.
You are someone who takes a huge amount of pride in the space we occupy and how we occupy it, taking ownership of all aspects of our in-office experience. You are passionate about making the office not only look great but also making it a an inclusive and joyful environment for all Attesters to be productive and happy in, and feel they genuinely belong in.
You can take a virtual tour of our London office right here.
Your focus will be to...
- Manage all internal office affairs, making sure things run smoothly day to day and act as the first point of contact, ensure guests and employees receive a high level of service at all times
- Maintain the office to an exceptional standard, from welcoming visitors timely, prepping meeting rooms, to keeping Ocado orders on time, fridges stocked, lightbulbs changed, and doing it all with an eye on prudence, proportionality and pragmatism
- Oversee or manage our 'reception' and visitor check in process and the software/systems that power it in a covid-safe way
- Be proactive in the daily running of the office, thoughtful and sweating the small details (incl. watering and caring for our many office plants)
- Be the go-to person for any challenges that arise, always solving and supporting others to have a seamless experience while remaining calm, positive and reassuring
- Manage facilities-related tasks associated with onboarding of new employees
- Handle purchases, procurement and stock levels for the office including our stock of snacks and drinks
- Handle our office operations; take care of Attester requests and needs, set up meeting rooms for external visitors, welcome visitors, answer phone calls, incoming and outgoing mail, couriers, etc. Handle Occupational Safety and Health and Fire Protection administration, etc
- Be responsible for overall building management; manage the relationship with our landlord and their team, communicate with building management, fire alarm and building alarm companies, and the cleaning company and other suppliers and relationships that we have around building management
- Actively track and manage the office supplies and budget inventory so we can be thoughtful and data-informed about where we invest more/less and what is working/not working for people
- Support internal teams on any internal or external events we run within the office space
- Acting as an ambassador of social life at Attest; coordinating and promoting social events, activities and celebrations, from Thursday evening cocktails, Friday after All-Hands drinks, summer BBQs in our private courtyard, and other events
- Work with IT providers and our IT Manager to facilitate the provision of IT support across the business, including working with Talent team on setup for new starters and off-boarding for leavers
- Work closely with the Operations Manager in your role and jump in to help them with ad-hoc tasks and projects to bring our space and Operations to life even more
We’d love to hear from you if…
We know you might not meet everyone of these, and the secret we want you to know is: nobody will, and we're okay with that! So, if you reckon you identify with ~50-60% of this list, we'd love to hear from you! We make it a long list to give you lots of reasons to apply.
- You ideally have at least 2+ years’ experience in a front-of-house style role in which it was core to your role that you own responsibility for providing high level of service to a large group of folks in a fast-paced and joyful environment, whether that's in office or building management, secretarial, hospitality/catering/restaurant services, or otherwise - we firmly believe with the right attitude and foundations we can teach you the rest
- Must love dogs (and you are not severely allergic) - we often have more dogs than humans in our office!
- You are a task master who can juggle a multitude of things at high velocity, and exceptional quality, in a busy environment while remaining calm as a cucumber under pressure
- You are not someone to become easily frustrated or flustered when things don’t quite go to plan, or mild chaos ensues - you’ve been there and done that and people around you know they can trust you to handle it with good humour (we're a startup - it's worth knowing these things do happen!)
- You are highly organised with the ability to prioritise swiftly to stay on top of your always-slightly-too-long To Do list, asking for help from your manager actively as needed to do your best work
- You are confident and able to liaise with people at all levels, setting expectations and keeping people well informed
- You have a can-do attitude (even when at times maybe it is a can’t-do situation!)
- You have excellent communication skills with strong written and spoken English
- Your attention to detail is second to none, and nothing makes it past you
- You’re a natural people person, gaining energy from being around and with other people
- You absolutely love taking care of people, and get your energy from providing the best possible experience to folks in all circumstances
- You have a proactive approach to your work and never like to wait to be told to do something, but take delight in having 'prepared this one earlier' and having thought ahead
- You personally identify strongly with our company values
- You believe there is no task too big or too small as long as it’s in the best interest of the team and our customers
- You're a problem solver and people person first and foremost, and pride yourself on bringing a positive energy to those you interact with, an ability to make people feel at ease, and you find resolving anything for anyone rewarding
- You are capable of and used to delivering outcomes independently and at high velocity, yet love being part of a team and working collaboratively
- You’re tech-savvy - we use a variety of different technologies in our operations, including G-suite, Slack, Notion, BambooHR and Greenhouse and it's imperative you be a digital native and comfortable and confident administering and using a variety of tools (or learning them quickly) to be able to perform best in this role
Pay & Benefits:
We believe that everyone’s unique skills and experience are important and we celebrate every hire we make. Our pay and benefits programme is designed with a focus on the wellbeing, engagement and growth of our people.
The pay band for this role is £32,000-£35,000 depending on prior experience.
Benefits & Perks:
- A competitive salary that fairly recognises your experience and potential
- We’re enthusiastic to offer all Attesters EMI share options in the company so that as the business succeeds, so do you!
- 25 days (UK) paid holiday per year. This is in addition to local public holidays and an additional 2 days off around the festive season
- To help you save for your retirement, you’ll be auto-enrolled to our group pension plan when you join
- A generous career growth and development budget of £500 a year to support your learning
- Access to private and confidential coaching or counselling via Sanctus
- Spend up to 2 paid days per month - 10% time - focusing on your growth, giving back to your community or supporting your favourite charity
- 10 days paid sick leave a year - for your body and your mind
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme by Care First
- Great equipment and access to great tools that support your productivity and impact
- An open, inclusive and supportive team where everyone is valued and all ideas and suggestions are welcomed
In-person and remote working balance ...
As this is an office-based role, you will be expected to be in the office from 8:30am-5:30pm from Monday to Friday, office location at 25 Holywell Row, London EC2A 4XE, London.
You can take a virtual tour of our London office right here.