Want to join us?
As Atom is a digital only bank, this brings with it a set of risks from a security perspective. As Software Security Engineer you’ll act as the lead for the Security Operations team to protect, detect, respond, and recover to Atom’s customers, brand, people, and reputation. You’ll be an advocate of best-in-class security practice influencing at all levels, provide practical advice and guidance and remain approachable to all of Atom’s people.
This is a really important role where you’ll design, deliver, and develop the security model of Atom bank’s cloud environment, ensuring that infrastructure, applications, and processes remain in-line with various security standards and applicable legal, regulatory, industry best practice frameworks, whilst demonstrating your level of technical knowledge.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no two days the same in Atom):
- Use a cloud first mentality when looking at best practices to design, implement, and develop security patterns aligned to Atom’s policies, standards, and procedures
- Support the engineering and project teams to deliver secure solutions
- Develop and participate in architecture reviews for new business solutions
- Identify security requirements and gaps in infrastructure, applications and processes, and determine and implement appropriate controls
- Lead and develop processes for security operational tasks and tooling. E.g. SIEM, EDR, Vulnerability Management
- Scope, conduct and assess complex penetration testing.
- Identifying security threats and converting this to a material impact.
What do we need from you?
- Security architecture and security technology design
- Experience of public cloud platforms, ideally GCP
- Good project management and consulting skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build, develop and maintain relationships across all levels
- Confident, assertive and pragmatic approach with ability to exercise judgment and discretion where appropriate
- Flexible team player who can work autonomously
- Experience of mentoring & coaching junior members of a Security team.
We asked employees of Atom Bank how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Atom Bank
Gender diversity (male:female)
Durham & London