The bank that’s leading the fintech charge!
Tech is at the heart of everything we do here at Atom. We’ve rebuilt the bank, from our app to our banking platform, to make sure it’s native and cloud-based. Thanks to this approach, we can develop new products and ship updates to customers rapidly.
We have very little legacy, but that doesn’t stop us looking for ways to improve. For instance, we are already exploring ways to improve some services we transitioned to the cloud very recently. Quickness and efficiency are always a priority, but we never compromise on security, usability, or reliability getting there.
Could you be the next innovator to join us?
Want to join us?
Technology is at the heart of the business, and we have a world-leading Technology stack that enables us to offer the most efficient, user-friendly app-based bank. The Technology team has end to end responsibility for all aspects of our Technology, from architecting the future, engineering solutions, to deploying and managing our technology services. Our Tech teams are now set up in paced change & delivery teams, delivering different types of initiatives aligned to Business Value Streams to support our business growth.
Atom’s Engineering team consists of Web Development, Automation, Integration, iOS, Android, Middleware, Micro Services & Data Management. We collaborate, support and work closely with other areas within the business including DevOps, Architecture & Insight and Intelligence. As an Android Engineer you’ll sit within the Android team in our Frontend Guild, whilst working within the delivery remit of our Savings Value Stream.
You’ll be part of a team that delivers a highly rated App to our customers, focusing on continuously developing and iterating our app and ensuring smooth integration with our backend services. Working on different layers of infrastructure with other Engineers, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate, problem solve, create sophisticated designs and quality products in our native app.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no two days the same in Atom):
- Contribute to daily stand-ups
- Contribute to technical design and to ensure associated artefacts are documented to agreed standards
- Develop Atom’s Android App using Kotlin, Jetpack & other tools
- Design and develop data models/structures, API integrations, loosely coupled code and the fundamental application framework
- Ensure that all developed components have the appropriate level of quality and governance (version control, documentation, unit testing, secure development)
What do we need from you?
- Experience of Kotlin
- Experience in an Agile Development environment encompassing CI/CD
- Experience of contributing to solution design, and technical documentation production
- Conversant with SOLID and OOP principles and Software Design Patterns as approaches
- Experience of UX Development including responsive designs and accessibility, RESTful API integration, securing applications and secure messaging
- Familiar with Android Studio, Git & CI/CD processes
- Good knowledge of Android libraries, Unit & UI Tests & App modularisation
- Good knowledge about dependency injection (we are using Dagger)
We asked employees of Atom Bank how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Atom Bank
Gender diversity (male:female)
Durham & London