Senior Credit Risk Manager
Remote-first – Occasional visits to the office
A little flex time
What’s it all about?
Atom’s Risk team is made up of Operational Risk, Compliance, Financial Risk and Credit Risk. It is a crucial second line of defence for the bank — the team has oversight of the risks associated with running the business and manages them effectively. Our Credit Risk team is responsible for credit risk management across the entire customer journey.
As Senior Credit Risk manager you’ll lead a team of Credit Risk Analysts in performing the continuous review of credit performance across all lending products. Including reporting and analysis of lending product performance to create insight to be used to develop proposals to adjust lending and customer management policies & procedures to maximise profitability of our lending portfolio.
We are fully focused on automation here at Atom, in this role you’ll also support increasing the delivery of this work with our decision systems team to deliver efficient & cost-effective account opening and customer management across Atom’s product range. Ensuring that our policies can be effectively applied with minimal levels of manual intervention. This role would be ideal for someone who is proactive and collaborative who will work with teams across the business including our propositions, operations, compliance, data and system teams.
This role would be ideal for someone who is proactive and collaborative who will work with teams across the business including our propositions, operations, compliance, data and system teams.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
- Lead the development of new business credit risk policies including credit scoring and affordability decisions to support Atom’s lending growth objectives while maintaining control of credit quality and performance
- Deliver effective collections, work out and recovery strategies to effectively control losses
- Provide regular, comprehensive reporting to Credit Committee on the credit risk performance of all lending products
- Set expectations and provide insight on portfolio and segment performance through forecasting and targeted analysis
- Work closely with the Credit Risk Modelling team on performance and development of models.
- Ensure that all credit data and credit models are thoroughly and accurately documented and tested
- Assist in the delivery of the team’s objective to deliver increased levels of automation (including strategies, scorecards, policy rules and calculators) across all new business applications.
What do we need from you?
- Highly numerate, preferably backed by a strong quantitative degree, ideally from a mathematics, statistics, operational research, economics, finance or related subject
- Experience of leading, coaching and mentoring
- Good understanding of retail banking products and market ideally including mortgages
- Previous experience in credit risk management in financial services
- Understanding of data systems and infrastructures
- Programming, database extraction and reporting experience
- Strong data interpretation/interrogation skills e.g. data manipulation, analysis techniques
- Proficient user of SAS, R or similar
- Strong MS Office skills, in particular MS Excel
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to build effective working relationships with stakeholders.
We asked employees of Atom Bank how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Atom Bank
Gender diversity (male:female)
Durham & London
What employees are saying
"We have a four day working week that has transformed my home life. In particular the flexibility I now have to support my youngest daughter. I have been able to support her more with school activities and just generally taking her to school on my non working day already, than I was ever able to with my eldest daughter"
Atom Bank Employee