Want to join us?
Technology is at the heart of the business, and we have a world-leading Technology stack that enables us to offer the most efficient, user-friendly app-based bank. The Technology team has end to end responsibility for all aspects of our Technology, from architecting the future, engineering solutions, to deploying and managing our technology services.
Our Tech teams are now set up in paced change & delivery teams, delivering different types of initiatives aligned to Business Value Streams to support our business growth.
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join a new Business Lending team, where you will work alongside the operational teams, product managers, business analysts and testers to deliver strategic initiatives to the operational business areas of Atom. You’ll contribute to the technical leadership of one of our Backend Engineering teams and mentor & support other team members.
Working with Golang, Python, Java, Kafka and workflow tools, you will have the opportunity to make a tangible difference to Atom.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no two days the same in Atom):
- Be responsible for providing technical steer for design and to ensure associated artefacts are documented to agreed standards
- Develop various process solutions across business processes and systems using appropriate software languages/tools
- Design and develop data models/structures and API contracts, data transforms, algorithms using appropriate software languages/tools
- Be responsible for maintaining all associated design and document artefacts
- Ensure developed components have the appropriate level of quality and governance (version control, documentation, unit testing)
- Be expected to support the software you have produced, ensuring stability not only in the resolution of defects while testing, but up to Production and future operation should incidents arise
- Work closely with third parties to facilitate integration with our backend systems, API gateway contracts, security, and producing bespoke integration where required
What do we need from you?
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Demonstrable, professional experience of Golang
- Deep understanding of full stack development
- Understanding of typical integration technologies
- General understanding of RESTful APIs required
- Exposure to and understanding of a standard Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience working with Cloud technologies e.g. GCP, AWS or Azure
- Experience in common software security principles and techniques
- Experience in message queue patterns and technologies
- Exposure to agile project methodology
- Good understanding of software testing frameworks, unit testing, TDD/BDD, any appropriate supporting tools
We asked employees of Atom Bank how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Atom Bank
Gender diversity (male:female)
Durham & London