What’s it all about?
Technology is at the heart of the business, and we have a world-leading Technology stack that enables us to offer the most efficient, user-friendly app-based bank. The Technology team has end to end responsibility for all aspects of our Technology, from architecting the future, engineering solutions, and design, implementation of security requirements across internal projects and security operations.
In this role as Security Engineer, you’ll be accountable for designing, delivering & developing the security model of Atom bank’s cloud environment ensuring that infrastructure, applications, and processes remain in-line with various security standards and applicable legal, regulatory, industry best practice frameworks, whilst maintaining a proven level of technical knowledge. You’ll also provide leadership, guidance & technical expertise to the Security Operations team to deliver business objectives.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
- Follow industry best practices to design, implement, and develop cloud-specific security patterns aligned to Atom’s policies, standards, and procedures
- Collaborate with engineering and project teams to deliver secure solutions
- Develop and participate in architecture reviews for new business solutions
- Identify security requirements and gaps in infrastructure, applications, and processes, and determine and implement appropriate controls
- Lead and develop processes for security operational tasks and tooling. E.g. SIEM, EDR, Vulnerability Management
- Scope, conduct and assess complex penetration testing
- Identifying security threats and converting this to a material impact.
- Manage and assess Security risk in accordance with regulatory requirements and industry best practice.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of threat intelligence, industry trends, and relevant product offerings
What do we need from you?
- Experience of Security architecture and Security technology design
- Knowledge of cloud computing security
- Strong understanding of data and voice networks
- Good project management and consulting skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to adapt style to suit audience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build, develop and maintain relationships across all levels
- Strong attention to detail
- Confident, assertive, and pragmatic approach with ability to exercise judgment and discretion where appropriate
What you’ll get from us:
- Hybrid & Flexible working
- Annual Share Option scheme – company performance related
- 4 day week
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 22.5 days holiday plus public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme.
We asked employees of Atom Bank how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Atom Bank
Gender diversity (male:female)
Durham & London