Product Manager - Residential Mortgages
Remote-first – Occasional visits to our Durham office
A little flex time
What’s it all about?
The Product Manager (Residential Mortgages) is responsible for evaluating what products, functionality and capability Atom should build. They support the design, development and value proposition of Atom products on behalf of the relevant product value stream (mortgages, business lending and savings)
They will be responsible for ideation - evaluating what problem are we solving, sizing the market, co-ordinating consumer research with the customer experience team, competitor analysis, target market and helping define the business model for their value stream. The culture of the business dictates that the approach to product management is highly customer orientated, with an emphasis on transparency, fairness, and value. The role holder will need to ensure customer insight and feedback informs their decisions, alongside wider market dynamics and a core objective to be differentiated digitally versus the rest of the market.
The Product Manager works closely with a variety of stakeholders to achieve the business strategies and plans. They will help define how we should build products in their value stream, prioritising product requirements, managing scope and value trade-offs, forecasting and product planning, change management and user testing and once live they will be responsible for evaluating performance against agreed launch success metrics
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (Different that’s for sure):
- Product and functionality ideation
- Product discovery and development
- Change priority and management
- Forecasting and product planning
- Evaluating P&L and go-to-market strategies
- Product definition, development, and enhancements
- Product level customer journey and process mapping
- External market monitoring
- Product regulatory / Compliance / TCF adherence
- T&Cs / mandatory comms
- Customer feedback – root cause analysis and resolution
- Proactive risk management alongside relevant stakeholders
- Product Control Committee reporting and recommendations
What do we need from you?
- Experience in proposition or product management within retail banking FS
- Experience with residential mortgages is highly desirable
- Demonstrable customer research / insight experience
- Up-to-Date regulatory knowledge (FCA Handbook, MCOB, ICOB and CONC)
- Highly numerate and articulate
- Commercially astute and customer oriented.
- Strong influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Up to date external market knowledge / FS market trends
We asked employees of Atom Bank how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Atom Bank
Gender diversity (male:female)
Durham & London
What employees are saying
"We have a four day working week that has transformed my home life. In particular the flexibility I now have to support my youngest daughter. I have been able to support her more with school activities and just generally taking her to school on my non working day already, than I was ever able to with my eldest daughter"
Atom Bank Employee