Want to join us?
As a Principal Engineer at Atom bank, you’ll be embedded into one of our product aligned Value Streams. You’ll collaborate with Solution & Technical Architects, Business Analysts, Software Engineers and Testers to deliver change for your Value Stream.
This role spans across multiple projects and technology, across frontend tech including ReactJS, Swift iOS & Kotlin to backend tech such as Golang, Python and Java. You’ll be tasked with driving forward positive change and innovation in how we are currently developing software within Atom Engineering across Value Streams, coaching the team to ensure the correct technical decisions are taken with consideration for now and the future.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no two days the same in Atom):
- Provide technical guidance to development teams and oversee the technical aspects of all platforms within your Value Stream.
- Be responsible for providing technical steer for design and ensuring associated artefacts are documented to agreed standards.
- Design and develop data models/structures and API contracts, data transforms& algorithms.
- Ensure and developed components have the appropriate level of quality and governance (version control, documentation, unit testing).
- Resolve QA defects by working closely with the relevant teams.
- Work with Product Managers to iteratively improve the solution and hone the data outputs.
- Work closely with third parties to facilitate integration and smoke testing.
- Recommend new technologies that help increase productivity, improve end user experience and/or reduce total cost of ownership.
What do we need from you?
- A strong background in Software Engineering with a good understanding of multiple programming languages in both Frontend and Backend Development.
- Considerable understanding of APIs & API structures.
- Experience of Microservice Architecture.
- Experience of developing & running application on public cloud GCP, AWS or Azure .
- Technical Solution Design and Technical Documentation experience.
- Significant experience working in an Agile/DevOps environment.
- Experience of using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, and of containerisation (Docker/Kubernetes).
- Logical approach, adaptability, and ability to think outside the box during problem solving.
We asked employees of Atom Bank how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Atom Bank
Gender diversity (male:female)
Durham & London