1–2 days/week at home
A little flex time
What’s it all about?
Atom’s Corporate Services team provides Legal support for the business as well as fulfilling all company secretarial responsibilities. The team provides outstanding and uninterrupted service to Atom suppliers, shareholders, executives and employees.
As Legal Counsel you’ll work as part of a team that ensures effective mitigation of legal, regulatory, contractual and other risks whilst supporting the broader Corporate Services team and business. You’ll provide advice on general commercial, corporate legal and regulatory matters including PSD2, Open Banking & GDPR whilst supporting litigation and general disputes.
In this role you’ll be tasked with negotiating, drafting & advising on contracts between Atom & its third parties, alongside this you’ll support our project teams to ensure all legal risk are identified and accounted for.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…
- Provide Legal support & advice for:
- Marketing and business communications approvals
- Maintaining relationships with external law firms
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken
- Ensure good corporate governance
- Deputising for General Counsel and Company Secretary at ExCo meetings
- Act as informal support to junior team members through coaching and mentoring
This role is a Certified Role within Atom. In relation to the certification regime you must:
- Assist the firm with their requirement to ensure that you remain fit and proper to perform your role
- Pay due regard to all relevant legal and regulatory requirements
- Help the bank to ensure the ongoing provision of fair customer outcomes
What do we need from you?
- Possess a Law degree
- Strong Experience in general commercial law, including outsourcing contracts, and software agreements
- Demonstrable experience in a fast paced & dynamic environment
- Financial Services experience would be advantageous
- Retail Banking knowledge is desirable but not essential
- Experience in Corporate & Banking Law
- Knowledge of Company Secretarial duties would be advantageous
We asked employees of Atom Bank how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Atom Bank
Gender diversity (male:female)
Durham & London
What employees are saying
"We have a four day working week that has transformed my home life. In particular the flexibility I now have to support my youngest daughter. I have been able to support her more with school activities and just generally taking her to school on my non working day already, than I was ever able to with my eldest daughter"
Atom Bank Employee