What’s it all about?
Working with the Data Governance Manager and the across the business, the Lead Data Governance Analyst plays a key role in the development of data governance capabilities and the transformation of data across Atom. You’ll help lead on the development & maintenance of policies, standards & artefacts to support the business and ensure that we implement and adhere to appropriate governance and controls around our data.
This role will leverage your data governance knowledge and strong communication & influencing skills, to enhance and embed data governance maturity, measurement & culture across the bank. You’ll also support our Data Architects to define, establish & communicate data design principles and help maintain data architecture artefacts such as data dictionaries, domain models & data lineage.
This role will involve a flexible mix of remote and office-based working, from our Durham HQ.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
- Serve as a facilitator to drive implementation of data governance capabilities by working closely with business areas and helping them manage and measure their data.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in issues related to governance, data quality, data management policies and procedures, which includes working closely with Risk, Security, Architecture and Compliance teams to ensure data policies and data standards align to the latest regulatory legislation
- Consulting with data owners, data stewards and other business stakeholders to drive and measure adoption of data standards
- Manage the coordination of updates on data quality from across business areas
- Collaboration with key stakeholders to facilitate update of reference data, master data and metadata management processes, including the identification and sign-off of Key Data Elements
- Provide oversight to safeguard necessary controls are in place across data lineage
- Contribution towards activities agreed in the Data comms and training plan for the Business.
What do we need from you?
- Experience in data governance, preferably within Financial Services
- Experience working in a data-focused role
- Knowledge of data management tooling and/or processes, controls, and data structures
- Effective sharing knowledge and experience of supporting multiple teams in data governance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent facilitation skills with the ability to drive issues to closure
- Ability to write various documents such as functional requirements, policies, and standards
- Good understanding of data privacy laws and regulations
We asked employees of Atom Bank how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Atom Bank
Gender diversity (male:female)
Durham & London