Remote-first – Occasional office visits in Durham
A little flex time
What’s it all about?
Insight and Intelligence drives Atom.
The Insight & Intelligence team leverage Big Data tech, to maximise the returns from our data assets, by providing MI, exploratory analysis & predictive models. These shape & deliver strategies in pricing, direct marketing, product optimisation, credit risk & fraud.
As Lead Data Science Engineer you will lead the creation and maintenance of an efficient, sustainable and agile data analytics platform. You will use a range of database technologies and work with both event driven and batch processes and build cloud native data pipelines.
In this role you’ll lead by example by setting the standard for technical development of the team and provide coaching & mentoring support to the wider team.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
- Lead the integration, consolidation and transmission of data while maintain Atom’s high data quality standards
- Design data solutions delivered to the business
- Oversee the build and maintenance of data jobs using a range of tool including PostgreSQL, Talend, Python and Kafka
- Work on cloud based (GCP) architecture to deliver robust data pipelines
- Liaise with senior stakeholders to gain an understanding to their requirements whilst possessing the ability to translate these business requirements into technical delivery
- Translate requirements into deliverables in a consistent and logical way
- Application of data availability, lineage and quality to the correct deliverables
- Continuously evaluate data processes and procedures to maintain a positive and efficient data culture within Atom.
What do we need from you?
- Experience of coaching, leading and mentoring
- Hands-on experience in design, development and deployment of data solutions and the integration of new technologies as they develop
- In-depth knowledge of Data Modelling, ETL development and Database/Data Warehousing, Structured and Unstructured data
- Experience with either relational SQL or analytics databases, such as Postgres, Cassandra & BigQuery
- Familiarity with cloud-based technologies and deployment infrastructure
- A mixture of SQL and No-SQL technology experience and how these different approaches combine together
- Have an awareness of how data can be used to drive operational and strategic decisions
- Possess a strong understanding of how Data Engineering and Data Analysis fits within Data Science and Business Intelligence workflows
- Excellent analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills
- Understanding and delivery of Data Governance practices.
We asked employees of Atom Bank how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Atom Bank
Gender diversity (male:female)
Durham & London
What employees are saying
"We have a four day working week that has transformed my home life. In particular the flexibility I now have to support my youngest daughter. I have been able to support her more with school activities and just generally taking her to school on my non working day already, than I was ever able to with my eldest daughter"
Atom Bank Employee