L&D Business Partner
1–2 days/week at home
A little flex time
What’s it all about?
Experience means everything to us at Atom. The People Experience team at Atom work hard to ensure that our past, present, and potential employees have an inspiring and memorable experience. The People Experience team consists of Learning & Development, Talent Acquisition, People Business Partners, and People Operations. Together they design, develop, and deliver an employee journey that drives high performance and represents Atom and its strong values throughout.
As the L&D Business Partner, you’ll be tasked with understanding the needs of the business to enable you to drive learning in core business skills at Atom as well as our compliance knowledge to ensure our people are high performing and provide successful learning outcomes through strong people engagement. Day to day, this role will involve engaging with a wide array of stakeholders, including within the People Experience team, to continuously create and provide learning experiences which challenge and support our people and their development.
You’ll design, develop and deliver an annual programme of learning and development activities, host learning communities and talent management initiatives. You’ll also manage Atom’s professional Qualification and Apprenticeship programmes.
This role requires a minimum of 2 days per week on-site in our Durham office.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…
- Work with stakeholders across the business to ensure trends, short and long-term development and communication needs are identified and included in the learning agenda
- Manage and embed the Atom Academy to design and deliver learning solutions, predominantly using SME software knowledge - to maximise in-house creation, utilising expert third parties where necessary
- Ensure learning communications use a wide range of creative digital and blended learning interventions and approaches
- Create evaluation methods, acting on all feedback with a continued focus on improvement
- Effective management of the LMS systems in designing, delivering and record-keeping of all learning interventions and third-party suppliers
- Ensure accuracy and maintenance of all learning records for all employees including Senior Manager Regime and Certification Regime populations
- Ensure career pathways are developed across all disciplines in Atom
- Map and manage talent data/information to create learning journeys and drive high performance
What do we need from you?
- Demonstrable stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence and collaborate at all levels in an organisation
- Experience in training needs analysis, design and delivery skills, including e-Learning for delivery via a virtual learning environment
- Knowledge of learning technologies and latest trends
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills with the ability to engage effectively and confidently with a wide range of people
- Experience of producing creative learning solutions using a combination of software applications, such as audio/video editing, assessment and grading, and video conferencing
- Ability to manage large groups of people of all levels, knowledge, and backgrounds
- Knowledge of learning styles and preferences & training evaluation methodology
We asked employees of Atom Bank how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Atom Bank
Gender diversity (male:female)
Durham & London
What employees are saying
"We have a four day working week that has transformed my home life. In particular the flexibility I now have to support my youngest daughter. I have been able to support her more with school activities and just generally taking her to school on my non working day already, than I was ever able to with my eldest daughter"
Atom Bank Employee