Internal Tech Auditor
What’s it all about?
Atom’s Internal Audit function are a close knit, collaborative team who are an integral part of the bank, providing assurance to Atom’s senior management, board and regulators in areas including governance, risk management & internal controls.
Technology is at the heart of the business, and we have a world-leading Technology stack that enables us to offer the most efficient, user-friendly app-based bank, and the role of internal technology auditor helps us achieve this.
As Internal Technology Auditor you’ll be hands on, working across different parts of the bank understanding how a fintech works, testing our tech processes and controls, with a keen focus on cyber security and resilience risks. Whilst gaining exposure to various functions, you’ll be able to build great working relationships & partnerships to drive time sensitive deliverable, issues tracking and reporting.
This role is a varied and fast paced one, with no two days the same and would suit a self-starter, someone confident in their ability to advise & influence senior stakeholders and assist the Audit team in continuing to impact and improve the business.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
- Support the in-house Internal Audit team and co-sourced internal audit partner with planning, scoping, execution and reporting of audits including follow up management, with a focus on IT, cyber, infrastructure and resilience related reviews
- Prepare planning memos, working papers and reports in line with departmental and IIA standards
- Identify key risk areas in order to develop the audit plan.
- Perform audit risk assessments and develop audit objectives and procedures
- Provide quality, effective and efficient assurance to enhance the IT environment.
- Evaluate IT control design and testing of IT process controls, including those covering cyber security and resilience.
- Report and present (written and verbally) review findings to senior management.
What do we need from you?
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of auditing relating to cyber security, information technology, infrastructure, system implementation, resilience, and general IT operational controls
- Internal audit or equivalent consulting experience
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills at all levels, including positive stakeholder management
- Have a keen interest in technology
- Be a highly motivated & resilient self-starter
What we’d ideally like you to have?
We asked employees of Atom Bank how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Atom Bank
Gender diversity (male:female)
Durham & London
What employees are saying
"We have a four day working week that has transformed my home life. In particular the flexibility I now have to support my youngest daughter. I have been able to support her more with school activities and just generally taking her to school on my non working day already, than I was ever able to with my eldest daughter"
Atom Bank Employee