Remote-first – Occasional visits to Durham office
A little flex time
What’s it all about?
Insight and Intelligence drives Atom.
As a Data Engineer you will be creating an efficient, sustainable, and agile data analytics platform for a data driven digital bank. You will be using a range of database technologies and a combination of event driven techniques and batch processing methodologies.
In addition you will be expanding and optimizing our cloud-based data & data pipelines as part of a cross functional team.
As a Data Engineer at Atom, you will support our software engineers, data architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
- Build and maintain data ETL jobs using a range of tools & techniques
- Effective use of database and streaming techniques and methodologies to create an efficient, sustainable and agile platform
- Work on cloud based architecture to deliver robust data pipelines
- Assist with the design and integrity of data solutions delivered to the business
- Take build requirements and translate them into workable code that meets business needs in a compliant, robust and timely manner
- Responsibility for maintaining robust and high-quality data throughout all design and implementation
- Adherence to data governance principles and standards at all time
- Work collaboratively with the Data Science, Reporting and Data Engineering team in maintaining consistent and accurate data.
What do we need from you?
- Experience with either relational SQL or analytics databases, including Postgres, Cassandra and BigQuery
- Familiarity with cloud-based technologies and deployment infrastructure such as GCP functions, Kubernetes & Terraform/Jenkins, CI/CD Git.
- Knowledge of Data Modelling, ETL development and Database/Data Warehousing, Structured and Unstructured data
- Awareness of how data can be used to drive operational and strategic decisions
- Understanding and delivery of Data Governance practices.
We asked employees of Atom Bank how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Atom Bank
Gender diversity (male:female)
Durham & London
What employees are saying
"We have a four day working week that has transformed my home life. In particular the flexibility I now have to support my youngest daughter. I have been able to support her more with school activities and just generally taking her to school on my non working day already, than I was ever able to with my eldest daughter"
Atom Bank Employee