The bank that’s leading the fintech charge!
Tech is at the heart of everything we do here at Atom. We’ve rebuilt the bank, from our app to our banking platform, to make sure it’s native and cloud-based. Thanks to this approach, we can develop new products and ship updates to customers rapidly.
We have very little legacy, but that doesn’t stop us looking for ways to improve. For instance, we are already exploring ways to improve some services we transitioned to the cloud very recently. Quickness and efficiency are always a priority, but we never compromise on security, usability, or reliability getting there.
Could you be the next innovator to join us?
Want to join us?
As an Associate Solutions Architect you’ll support our Solution Architects in crafting highly scalable, flexible & resilient solutions that address customer use cases and accelerate the adoption of Atom. As trusted customer advocates, the Solutions Architecture team helps Atom understand best practices and solutions that align to Atom’s strategy.
You’ll contribute to the shaping and execution of building solutions for a broad range of customer use cases for both business banking and retail customers, whilst providing key documentation relating to architecture at Atom and liaise with a variety of stakeholders from across the bank.
In this role you will have the opportunity to complete a professional qualification to support your learning and development in the role whilst receiving ongoing support from your coach and peers.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no two days the same in Atom):
- Assist in the development of technology solutions which are well balanced and deliverable while also supporting the long-term evolvability of Atom’s Technology platform
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to provide assurance that solutions are designed to be holistically and/or structurally compatible with areas such as Product Management, Engineering, DevOps and Data.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the solutions and technical architecture guild
- Support the guild in the creation of repeatable patterns, principles, and guidance. You will take ownership of evangelising and dissemination of these insights
- Support value-stream Architects in the creation and/or adaption of design artefacts, including (but not limited to) context documents, feature designs and diagrams
What do we need from you?
- Understanding of Solutions Architecture & Software Devlopment
- Show systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving and pays close attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level of comfort communicating effectively both internally and externally
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Ability to work independently and with a diverse stakeholder population from all levels of the organisation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced & dynamic environment
- Willingness to learn and progress
We asked employees of Atom Bank how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Atom Bank
Gender diversity (male:female)
Durham & London