Anthemis cultivates change in the financial system by building, growing, and sustaining businesses committed to improving the world. Our deep understanding of markets and models, passion for emerging technology and spirit of collaboration inspire everything we do. By creating fertile ground for entrepreneurs, institutions, researchers, academics, and visionaries to come together, we believe we can solve the financial services world’s most pressing challenges faster, better and for the benefit of all.
Collaborating and partnering with large financial institutions as LPs is a significant part of Anthemis’ vision for cultivating change in financial services, and the newly created role of Head of Business Development, The Americas will be responsible for developing and deepening relationships with financial institution LPs for the purposes of securing partnerships and investments into Anthemis’ early and growth stage funds.
The successful candidate will have trusted relationships with heads of corporate venture and innovation and technology leaders within the Americas financial institutions, and work closely with our investment, marketing and investor relations teams to identify opportunities and match the appropriate investment product(s), leveraging content, portfolio deep dives, workshops and other value-add assets. Subject matter expertise and familiarity with emerging trends at the intersection of technology and finance will be key to the candidate’s success.
With ambitions to significantly grow our AUM and investor base in the Americas, the successful candidate will need to be experienced in managing an organized, large scale fundraising and relationship building process, and serve as an internal champion and coordinator for the various internal dependencies required.
- Originate and manage a wide range of relationships with the Americas financial institutions for purposes of commercial partnership or investment.
- Develop a deep understanding of prospective investor's strategic objectives, and be able to match them with Anthemis investment themes, portfolio companies and expertise.
- Serve as an interface and relationship lead between prospective strategic investors and Anthemis’ investment and investor relations teams.
- Collaborate with Anthemis marketing team to develop new content, materials and programming to support the overall effort.
- Contribute to and enhance the Anthemis ecosystem by driving connectivity and synergies between portfolio companies and financial institutions.
- As appropriate, further develop existing financial institution LP relationships to uncover new commercial partnerships or additional capital commitments.
- 8-10 years of experience working at the intersection of financial services and technology.
- Experience managing capital raising or sales pipelines, with familiarity with institutional sales cycles and funnel metrics.
- Experience with innovation and startup engagement within large organizations.
- Ability to develop and nurture senior relationships across organizational levels.
- Strong commercial orientation and consistent track record of overachieving on objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills with a variety of personalities and functions.
- Enthusiasm and experience for working at the intersection of ‘legacy’ financial markets and the fintech ecosystem.
- Professional, clear, and articulate verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong tolerance for ambiguity; ability to focus and execute in a rapidly changing environment, take charge and make things happen.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and lead several time-sensitive projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction.
- High degree of integrity, intellectual curiosity and team-orientation.
- Thrives in and actively seeks out diverse and dynamic environments.
- Health insurance - your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme
- 401k plan - plus company matching & life insurance scheme
- Holidays - it's important you take time off! You get 25 days throughout the year to take a well-earned rest. In addition, you get all the public holidays
- Access to a significant L&D allowance for personal development
- Wellbeing stipend through our partner platform to encourage holistic wellbeing
- Home office kit
- The compensation range for this role is $268,000-$378,000 plus performance based incentives.
It is really important to us that we give access to opportunities to as wide a variety of people as possible. So if there is additional support we could offer you to enable you to participate, please include this is in your expression of interest.
Anthemis employs a Remote First Strategy, so we welcome applications regardless of where you call home, however, the vast majority of our team and portfolio companies right now are UK/US/Europe based and a significant proportion operates with a hybrid working model. For this reason, it's important that you're able to be timezone compatible and comfortable with traveling where needed from time to time.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Anthemis Group provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Anthemis Group is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Anthemis Group
Gender diversity (male:female)
Remote, London, New York, Geneva