About now you’d expect us to tell you what Amplience does. Well, we don’t do the expected. Instead, we want to tell you about what we believe in – freedom. Freedom is everything Amplience stands for. That’s why, if you want to work with us (we’d be honoured) you’d better be okay with working your own way.
Oh, and in case you were wondering, what we do is help create the future of customer experience.
Amplience powers digital-first, commerce brands and retailers with the freedom to do more. Our headless CMS, DAM and Digital Experience Management platform allows the world's leading brand teams to manage content, not code, including GAP, GameStop, Ulta, Hobby Lobby, Crate & Barrel, Traeger, and more.
These brands are leading a momentous shift towards headless/composable eCommerce and content architecture given the strategic benefits it delivers for them. The market is primed for wide-spread adoption of this technology over the next few years and the tailwinds are building. Amplience is out in front enabling these companies to reinvent the way they create new, innovative digital experiences for faster performance, higher engagement, and increased sales. Are you in?
What to Expect
The Technical Consultant is responsible for capturing customer requirements and business needs and defining a solution that meets those needs using the Amplience product set. The Technical Consultant will then support the customer and/or partner on how to use the developed solution.
The Technical Consultant will have developed and be well practiced at applying methods to gather requirements from business teams. They should have the appropriate level of technical skills to analyse the requirements and recommend a solution.
- Work closely with client stakeholders to identify their core business processes and elicit business requirements
- Lead the engagement with technical users to define the requirements by understanding the business needs
- Product expert, describing or detailing the capabilities of the product to technical and business audiences
- Work with Amplience counterparts to facilitate client workshops to understand business workflows and requirements and present potential solutions
- Assists internal teams by providing clarifications on business and system capabilities
- Identify re-occurring requirement patterns across customer projects and evangelise the need for generic / re-usable solutions
- Provide end-user/internal support for the developed solution
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
- Minimum of 4 years in a technical consulting or development role
- Knowledge of working with APIs (REST API)
- Knowledge of development methodologies (Scrum, Agile or Waterfall)
- Understanding of the key technical architecture principles around the commerce domain is a bonus (MACH, Composable, PWAs, SPAs, SSGs, Client-Side vs Server Side)
- Previous experience working with any of the following: GraphQL, Webhooks, JSON and/or a CMS platform would be a bonus
- Positive, proactive, and solution-focused
- Demonstrable ability to break complex problems down and provide options to both technical and business audiences
- Experience of working and collaborating with disparate and often virtual teams
- Good communication skills which inspire confidence
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritise multiple concurrent tasks Embraces and responds well to change in a dynamic and fast changing sector
- Must be detail oriented with good organisational skills
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity & paternity policies
- Extra holidays once you've been with us for a while
- The option to purchase additional holidays
- Charity / volunteer days
- Life assurance policy
- Ride to work scheme
- Season ticket advance loans
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Amplience provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Amplience is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Amplience
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, UK, Manchester, UK, North Carolina, USA