Senior Developer Advocate
A little flex time
We are living in an experience economy. Those who deliver exceptional experiences with great agility and superior performance will thrive. Legacy monolithic technologies have shown that they can’t keep up with the pace of change that front-end developers, business practitioners, and solution providers need to meet their customer’s demands.
At Amplience, we’ve built a MACH-compliant and extensible enterprise Content Management System, with powerful asset management and dynamic media capabilities, that integrates across the composable commerce technology stack and delivers exceptional performance at global scale for the digital experience of over 400 customers including Crate & Barrel, Curry’s, Canon, Gap, Harry Rosen, The Gym Group, and Traeger Grills. Join us as we take our award-winning platform and growing business to new heights.
Developer Advocacy is all about developer awareness, defining the experience that this key audience have with Amplience that drives awareness, adoption, and growth of our digital experience composition platform. We are relentlessly passionate about helping developers build the next generation of brilliant digital experiences with Amplience. And the Senior Developer Advocate is the key role to evangelize our developer customers and partners in the Amplience community and beyond to realize that vision.
- Plan, communicate and execute a go-to-market strategy that targets developer personae with innovative programs and activities throughout the customer lifecycle.
- Be considered a domain expert by creating and delivering standout presentations and demos for developer community events, and authoring developer-friendly content that engages, informs, and creates action.
- Recruit and enable developers from the SI and ISV community to contribute code, integrations, and extensions for the Amplience Marketplace.
- Engage with the developer community on the channels they rely upon for answers and guidance, from Stack Overflow to social media to YouTube and beyond, growing our coverage and maintaining a positive sentiment on them.
- Be curious about the current and upcoming tech trends in the commerce and MACH landscape, monitoring competitors and peers, in order to help craft and refine developer-focused messaging and positioning and share insights with the company.
- Collaborate with the Product Marketing, UX and Product Management teams on how to excite and empower developers to realize value during their Amplience trial experience.
- Work closely with the Solutions, Product and Engineering teams to identify potential integrations, extensions, and platform capabilities.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- You are an exceptional communicator that obsesses over the developer experience, proactively reaching out to them, empathetically listening to their needs, and distilling that into relevant information and actions for them and outcomes for Amplience.
- You have a deep understanding of and a healthy passion for the CMS and/or eCommerce technology space.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in developer evangelism, advocacy, or related roles with a growth mindset in technology or platform companies.
- Experience in product marketing or content marketing is a plus, but working closely with product, customer-facing, marketing, and engineering teams is preferred.
- Proven ability to collaborate with and enable others within the organization to be successful, gathering and sharing feedback to overcome conflicts and progress forward.
So what’s in it for you? Aside from using some great technologies and working with smart friendly people who are very generous with their knowledge, we have a great set of benefits to recognise everybody’s individual needs.
- Freedom to work from home, with offices for when you want them
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Employee share options so that everyone can benefit from our success
- Enhanced maternity & paternity policies
- Extra holidays once you’ve been with us for a while
- The option to purchase additional holidays
- Charity / volunteer days
- Life assurance policy
- Ride to work scheme
- Season ticket advance loans
- Study leave
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Amplience provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Amplience is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Amplience
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, UK, Manchester, UK
What employees are saying
"I think Agmplience has a great flexible working policy - it feels like we're measured on what we deliver, rather than how many hours, or which hours we work."
Anonymous Amplience Employee