About Amplience At Amplience, we believe in freedom above all else. Freedom for brands to effortlessly create new content, freedom for retailers to do more with their content, and freedom for ourselves to continuously innovate.
More than 350 brands like GAP, GameStop, Ulta, Hobby Lobby, Crate & Barrel, and Traeger have adopted our headless CMS and DAM. With our platform, they create digital experiences that have faster performance, higher engagement, and increased sales.
About the TeamWe are a multi-talented engineering team organized into cross-functional remote-friendly squads dedicated to building highly scalable and reliable SaaS software to manage and deliver content at tremendous scale:
- billions of API requests every day
- over 400 million items of content
- more than 4 Exabytes of critical data delivered every year
Our company culture is informal, with a games room, board game nights, regular hackathons, weekly development lectures, and we take our caffeine consumption seriously. If you share our commitment to innovation, reliability, and a fun and collaborative work environment, then we invite you to join us at Amplience.
Here's what you'll do when you join
You’ll work on some really juicy problems, with some great technology, and a bunch of smart, friendly people who are generous with their knowledge and time.
- Act as day to day Product Owner for a cross-functional Agile development team (SCRUM)
- Lead product discovery, engage with customers and stakeholders to research, analyse, describe, prioritise and communicate customer needs
- Manage the product backlog, write user-stories and prioritise according to business value
- Work with product leadership to establish product vision and ensure backlog is in line with strategic roadmap
- Collaborate with UX / design teams to define and develop UI designs
- Engage with Technical Architects to align with technical strategy, opportunities and constraints
Identify and highlight risks and issues, communicate the impact on product delivery and escalate where necessary |
This is what we're looking for
We're looking for someone with commercial experience that has a deep passion for problem solving; someone who is excited to learn and someone who will be a great team player.
We would particularly love you to apply if:
- 2-5 years’ experience working within Agile / Scrum work environment as a Product Owner, Scrum Master, or Business Analyst
- Experience of full lifecycle product development Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery
- Demonstrable practical experience of Agile development methodologies
- Strong customer focus
- Knowledge of the principles and concepts of modern web based software development, including API first design
- Understanding user-centred design principles
- CMS or ecommerce background (such as Magento, Demandware, CQ5) with experience in DAM / Imaging (desirable)
- Experience working with SaaS platforms and Cloud based technology delivery AWS, OpenStack, Azure (desirable)
- Understanding of modern HTML/JS/CSS tooling (desirable)
- Experience with Atlassian tools such as Jira, Confluence, BitBucket (desirable)
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity & paternity policies
- Extra holidays once you've been with us for a while
- The option to purchase additional holidays
- Charity / volunteer days
- Life assurance policy
- Ride to work scheme
- Season ticket advance loans
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Amplience provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Amplience is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Amplience
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, UK, Manchester, UK, North Carolina, USA