The new ADS International Business Development (IBD) department is looking to strengthen and grow its international event offering to members by recruiting a Head of International Sales to lead the IBD sales team.
This will be achieved by developing and implementing a sales strategy and programme of business development initiatives to deliver increased and profitable growth, meeting the sales targets set for the business and respective events.
The role holder is responsible for creating profitable revenue opportunities, aiming to fast track a portfolio successful overseas international pavilions and trade missions. Through close collaboration with clients, and closely supporting the International Business Development Director, the Head of IBD Sales will drive proactive account management and source new business to achieve the agreed budgets and KPI’s.
This new role is vital to achieving ADS’s ambition of strengthening the offer to Members and showcase ADS’s ambition to be a leader in delivering UK prosperity to stakeholders. The IBD team does so through engagements with relevant Government departments, both domestic and international, as well as International Trade Associations and international institutions, through international exhibitions, events, partnering and networking opportunities.
Although not essential, knowledge of the UK aerospace, defence, security and space sectors would be beneficial but a deep understanding of how to build and embed a sales strategy is required.
The role reports to the International Business Development Director.
The Skills & Competencies
• Proven sales management experience
• Demonstrable success in a similar senior role
• Broad understanding of the ADS sectors, preferably with a relevant degree
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant sales experience, industry experience preferential
• Good working proficiency in MS Suite of products
• Experience working with Government departments preferable but not essential
• Event management experience preferable but not essential
• Ambitious and proactive
• International travel is a key part of this role, willing to travel
• Excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy, able to develop good working relationships with colleagues, members, and key stakeholders
• A desire to develop further stakeholder management and influencing skills
• Ability to work effectively across entire group, including ADS subsidiary FIL
• Good reporting and communication skills, with demonstrable ability to summarise complex topics
• CRM Management
• It essential you have excellent sales, negotiation, and communication skills both verbally and written
• The candidate can demonstrate an excellent understanding of the ADS sectors and the ability to drive sales and convert revenue
• You must have experience of leading, coaching and developing a team
Contract & Benefits
Salary; £60,000 plus up to £15,000 commission annually
Contract; Permanent, 5 days a week, 9.00 to 17.30, 37.5 hours per week
Location; Hybrid working- 3 days in the London office and 2 days from home- business travel dependant
Job Description; Head of International Business Development Job Description August 2023.docx
Benefits include; bonus, pension, private health insurance, access to Farnborough location parking, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, 9 day fortnight, extended remote working, enhanced parental leave, 28 days annual leave
We asked employees of ADS how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at ADS
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Farnborough, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Toulouse