An exciting opportunity has arisen to work as a key part of our Scotland office reporting into the management team.
Reporting to the ADS Scotland Director, the Events Co-Ordinator will be responsible for organization, promotion and delivery of logistics for a range of events within the ADS annual event programme to include exhibition groups, inward and outward trade missions, seminars, conferences, dinners and networking events. In addition the Events Co-Ordinator will assist in the creation, content and design of the annual ADS Scotland events programme.
The role holder will thrive in a very busy and dynamic environment that requires the ability to multi-task effectively and be confident and professional at all times. They will be comfortable working to tight deadlines on a regular basis whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy. The role holder will also play an important role supporting and helping to develop the ADS Scotland service offer to our members - playing your part in growing ADS and our sectors.
This part time role is based in Edinburgh however it will require some occasional travel.
Skills & Competencies
- Experience in event organisation with experience with CRM/IT systems for event organisation and previous sales and promotion experience would be an advantage.
- Highly motivated and can work on their own initiative, is pro-active, persistent, robust and committed to "getting the job done”.
- Ability to work effectively in a demanding role and experience of working under pressure, often with tight deadlines.
- Good communication skills, demonstrates professionalism and confidence in dealing with people at all levels.
- A strong team player with a can do attitude.
- Ability to maintain flexibility regarding office role, workload and working hours.
- Organises and prioritises time effectively to achieve deadlines with excellent diary management skills.
- Presents a professional image of ADS to both colleagues and members at all times.
- Seeks out opportunities to provide a more efficient and proactive service for our members.
- An open and flexible attitude to change and a willingness to learn new skills is essential.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to multi task and prioritise effectively, taking responsibility for own workload
- High level of attention to detail
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office – Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook etc. and willingness to learn other software design packages.
- Willingness to develop and enhance knowledge and skills
Contract & Benefits
Contract; Permanent, part time role- 19 hours per week- flexible on how this is split throughout the week
Location; Hybrid working- minimum 12 hours in the Edinburgh office and 7 hours from home
To view Job Description; Events Coordinator Scotland.docx
Salary; Depending on experience
Benefits; Bonus, pension, private health insurance, life insurance, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, hybrid working, extended remote working, enhanced parental leave, annual leave, buy additional annual leave, long service additional annual leave
We asked employees of ADS how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at ADS
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Farnborough, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Toulouse