Staff Backend Engineer
1–2 days/week at home
Core hours 10–4
At Accurx, we're on a mission to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier.
Who are Accurx?
We’re a fast-growing health technology company which makes it easier for patients and healthcare teams to communicate.
Accurx is where conversations happen with and about patients. Our software helps doctors, nurses, pharmacists and administrators and other professionals to seamlessly connect with both patients and each other.
Our mission is simple: everything we do is to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier. Today, Accurx is used in 98% of GP practices nationwide and every day more healthcare professionals are using our software in hospitals, pharmacies, care homes and the community.
We’re passionate about staying close to our users, which is why everyone at Accurx visits a GP practice at least twice a quarter to understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have big ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world in the future. If you want to hear from some of our Accufolk about what it's like to work for us, take a look at a video from our 2022 summer conference!
Life as a Staff Backend Engineer (.NET) at Accurx
We are looking for Staff Software Engineers to join us and help shape the future of our product and technically grow our engineering team.
Working closely with our CTO and VP of Engineering, you will pioneer development and be relied upon as one of our greatest technical experts. As a Staff Product Engineer, you’ll be responsible for areas that will drive innovation on our products. You’ll scale and innovate our products like never before, as well as build brand new solutions. You'll play a key role in driving technical product choices as part of a cross functional team. You’ll be a technical coach and mentor to engineers to help us grow our engineering talent at Accurx.
You'll work closely with other Engineers, UX Designers, Product Managers, Researchers and our Clinical Leads. Together you will work in six week cycles to deliver specific product goals.
At Accurx, we are about to embark on the next part of our journey. We are looking for the most inspirational and talented people to lead the way and make history in one of the UK’s fastest-growing start-ups. To best service healthcare practices and build a scalable solution that will be used in every GP practice, hospital and care home in the UK we currently work with Kubernetes, C# (.net core), SQL, React, ES6, TypeScript and Redux (check out our full tech stack here). However, we are constantly learning, iterating and improving. As we continue to grow at a phenomenal rate, who knows what tech stack we will be working with soon - and you could be the person to show us!
What’s unique about engineering at Accurx?
Every day you’ll be applying the “product engineer” mindset. This means being close to users and their needs (e.g. getting involved in user research by joining sessions with patients and their healthcare teams), helping decide what we build (e.g. collaborating on design and specifications), building with a focus on the end goal and being responsible for continuous improvement to the live services you have shipped.
What the team say ...
"Since joining Accurx in March 2022 as a Staff Product Engineer, i’ve had the freedom to explore and implement improvements to support the engineering team as well as investigate different product possibilities. This responsibility has allowed me to focus on developing my skills as well as impacting the work of others. Whilst having an autonomous approach to my day I’m always confident in reaching out for support from management/ engineering leadership when and if I need it which is awesome. All of the listed, along with the openness and drive for constant improvement from engineers (and non engineers) make Accurx an awesome place to work." - Shaun Edens, Staff Product Engineer
We'd really like to hear from you, if ...
- You have proven consistent success in a Lead Engineer / Developer role, where you have mentored other engineers / developers.
- You have led projects that have resulted in significant impact (this could be in product or engineering focus).
- You have experience in working in high performing teams or experience with helping turn a team into one.
- You are willing to wear different hats over a period of time, ranging from tech lead in a product team, to specialising and driving improvements in a discipline.
- Ideally you will have experience in a typed language. We use C# and Typescript. Our tech stack can be found here.
- You have experience working in highly user centric businesses where there is constant iteration of a product
- Although not essential it would be great if you had worked in a growing start up
- You're passionate about improving healthcare
- You're mission-driven: you care about positively impacting the lives of millions
- You’re always collaborating: you place team success over personal success and you enjoy working in an open, collaborative environment.
- You demonstrate responsible ownership: when you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You seek continuous improvement: you’re always developing new skills and insights, while exploring ways to do things better
- You’re mindful of balance: you're conscious of your own health and that of others. You think carefully about how best to focus your efforts, knowing when to push yourself to reach a goal.
Salary & Benefits package:
- £100,000 - £125,000 salary + the value of £80,000 share options (see our public progression framework and salary bandings)
- £1,000 annual learning & development budget and a £500 annual wellness budget
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- Prayer, meditation and breastfeeding room
- In house therapists available daily
- Working abroad policy
- We have our very own Chef! Free healthy breakfasts, snacks and lunches will be provided, with the occasional sweet treat!
- And much more
Diversity & Inclusion
Accurx is committed to being an inclusive employer - you can find out more about this commitment here. As part of this, we’re glad to accommodate candidates who need adjustments throughout the interview process.
We work in partnership with Stonewall as part of their Diversity Champions program. This is because we believe in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in making this world a reality.
We've officially been accredited as a flexible workplace by Flexa® Careers.
We offer the team the option to work from home 2 days a week. Read more about our policy here.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our main careers page to find out more about the team and our employee handbook. You can also find out more about us on Medium, LinkedIn and Twitter & Instagram.
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at Accurx.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Accurx provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Accurx is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Accurx
Gender diversity (male:female)
45% Male : 55% Women
Liverpool Street, London
£36m in Series A & B
What employees are saying
"Amazing company to work for. Company culture is amazing. When I let my friends know of all the activities and benefits of the company, they want to work for the company as well. So I am super happy that I found this company. Totally amazing workplace and people."
Anonymous accuRx Employee