At Accurx, we're on a mission to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier. 💚
Who are Accurx? 🤔
We’re a fast-growing healthcare technology company which makes it easier for patients and healthcare teams to communicate.
Accurx is where conversations happen with and about patients. Our software helps doctors, nurses, pharmacists, administrators and other professionals to seamlessly connect with both patients and each other.
Our mission is simple: everything we do is to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier. Today, Accurx is used in 98% of GP practices nationwide and every day more healthcare professionals are using our software in hospitals, pharmacies, care homes and the community.
We’re passionate about staying close to our users, which is why everyone at Accurx visits a GP practice at least twice a quarter to understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have big ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world in the future. If you want to hear from some of our Accufolk about what it's like to work for us, take a look at a video from our 2023 summer conference!🤩
Life as a Product Designer at Accurx
As a Product Designer at Accurx you get the opportunity, every day, to create experiences that improve the lives of patients, and the happiness of healthcare staff. It's a fulfilling role, one that's shaped by the close relationships we build with our users.
Why it's interesting to join the team...
- With amazing usage in primary care (~98% adoption) and closing a great series B funding round (£27.5m), we're in a really exciting position to innovate with our products. You'll have the opportunity to harness this momentum and make a significant contribution to what we do next.
- Now, more than ever, the health system needs support to provide effective care to patients. You can help solve this very real problem that impacts everyone.
- Whether through our in-house clinical leads, research calls, user support or regular site visits. We keep as close to our end-users as we can. You'll be practising genuine human-centred design day-to-day.
The Team you'll be joining...
You’ll be joining the team focusing on providing patients with everything they need to communicate with NHS staff about their care. It’s a high-impact part of the product with around 2m patients messaged per day. Our diverse patient population who interact with content wherever they are, means that this team has a focus on creating great, accessible, mobile experiences.
What it's like to design with us...
Product Designers at Accurx work as embedded members of cross-functional teams. This means that for your team you are the Product Design expert. You have the autonomy, control and responsibility to provide anything and everything required from your field to help the team build what our users need. Of course, you're not alone. You'll also be part of the Product Design and wider UX function who'll always be there to provide support, share learnings and celebrate your achievements.
Why not take a listen to this Podcast with our Head of Design, Veron Lai who discusses the topic of 'Changing Health Outcomes - Digital Products vs Medication'?
What the team say ...
”I’ve never felt more empowered as a Product Designer as I have since joining Accurx. We’re trusted to solve very real, large scale problems for the NHS which has a lasting impact on healthcare professionals and patients. Throughout it all we’re challenged, uplifted and supported by the strong teams around us.” Sam, navigation team, at Accurx since June ‘23
“It’s been amazing working as a Product Designer at Accurx. We work so collaboratively with different disciplines to better understand user needs and tackle challenging and interesting problems.” Yulee, inbox team, at Accurx since June ‘21
We'd really like to hear from you, if ...
- Follow human-centred design methodologies
- Have proven work experience in a Product Design role
- Have demonstrable product design skills, such as: helping to define research goals, running run collaborative ideation sessions, interpret findings and defining designing solutions
- Have experience designing for mobile devices
- Have experience designing for accessibility
- Understand effective prototyping – opting for the best tool for the job
- Can craft high-quality user interfaces
- Are confident scoping design ideas with stakeholders of different disciplines
- Are willing to advocate for Product Design
- Design thoughtfully with justification for your design decisions
- Have experience contributing to a design system and embrace working in a modular way
- You're mission-driven: you care about positively impacting the lives of millions
- You’re always collaborating: you place team success over personal success and you enjoy working in an open, collaborative environment.
- You demonstrate responsible ownership: when you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You seek continuous improvement: you’re always developing new skills and insights, while exploring ways to do things better
- You’re mindful of balance: you're conscious of your own health and that of others. You think carefully about how best to focus your efforts, knowing when to push yourself to reach a goal.
Salary & Benefits package:
💰 £50,000 - £55,000 salary + the value of £31,500 share options
📚 £1,000 annual learning & development budget
🐣 Enhanced parental leave policy
🙏 Prayer, meditation and breastfeeding room
🗣 In house therapists available daily
🌴 Working abroad policy
👩🍳We have our very own Chef! Free healthy breakfasts, snacks and lunches will be provided, with the occasional sweet treat!
➕ much more
Diversity & Inclusion
Accurx is committed to being an inclusive employer - you can find out more about this commitment here. As part of this, we’re glad to accommodate candidates who need adjustments throughout the interview process.
We work in partnership with Stonewall as part of their Diversity Champions program. This is because we believe in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in making this world a reality. 🏳🌈
We've officially been accredited as a flexible workplace by Flexa® Careers. 🙌
Remote Working? 🏡
We offer the team the option to work from home 2 days a week. Read more about our policy here.
Want to do a little more research before you apply? 📖
Head over to our main careers page to find out more about the team and our candidate hub. You can also find out more about us on Medium, LinkedIn and Twitter & Instagram.
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at Accurx.
We asked employees of Accurx how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Accurx
Gender diversity (male:female)
45% Male : 55% Women
Liverpool Street, London
£36m in Series A & B